Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : DROD players, which paw do you use ? (Are you left or right handed ?)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Are you left or right handed ?
Left Handed
Right Handed
Note: Viewing results forfeits your right to vote.
Poster Message
b0rsuk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 489
IP: Logged
icon Re: DROD players, which paw do you use ? (0)  
Funny how "both" is not available as poll option.
I mean, you keep one hand on keypad, and take it all across the keyboard if you need qw ?
Or some "clever" remapping, so you can actually play with one hand, and increase your "mispress" ratio by 500%.

http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20051128/adams_01.shtml
06-19-2005 at 09:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
You misunderstood the question. He's not asking which hand(s) you use to play DROD, he's asking if you are left- or right-handed in general. I am sure most people play DROD with both hands.

In any case, "ambidextrous" should probably have been an option, although I think even people who are ambidextrous favor one hand over the other for most activities.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
06-20-2005 at 12:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rabscuttle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2460
icon Re: DROD players, which paw do you use ? (+1)  
The trouble with DROD is that it requires eleven keys, but we only have ten fingers. :(
06-20-2005 at 06:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1723
Depending on how often you use them, you could say DROD requires 13 keys.

Or more, for help options or quick escaping.

Or hotkeys on the opening pages.

Gameplay requires 11, some may say 12 (undo) some 13 (restart) and I think that's as high as anybody would be willing to go for a "required" key count. I could, as always, be wrong, but that is my opinion.

We do still only have ten (or fewer, in general) fingers/thumbs.

06-20-2005 at 07:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
wmarkham
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 125
Although it is rare, I believe that the occasional person in born with 12 fingers. Through clever remapping, the 11 gameplay keys can cover all the necessary navigation keys. Through clever playing, the key mappings for restart and undo can be left unused. One remaining finger for the escape key! Perfect!

:)

Weston
06-21-2005 at 03:14 PM
ela_de
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 25
now that's a feat I'm unable to do! (using a different finger for each key used in DROD that is). Won't the num pad become awfully crowded?

oh, and I'm useless with my left hand (not that good with the right either; does that make me amphiclumsy?)
06-21-2005 at 06:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : DROD players, which paw do you use ? (Are you left or right handed ?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com