Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Delver's Delight (A JtRH hold, yo.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Leus
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 204
IP: Logged
icon Delver's Delight (+1)  
These are the first three levels of my first hold. All three levels are complete. I have tested each level several times, and I'm almost positive that I've never made a change without testing it afterwards.

Please let me know how you like it and any problems that you see, obviously. Thanks. :D

By the way, some of the rooms are pretty easy, but I believe that some are truly challenging and I hope that they suffice for you guys.

[Edited by Leus at Local Time:05-17-2005 at 11:08 PM: Added "JtRH to the title, babbled about the difficulty of rooms.]

[Edited by Leus at Local Time:05-18-2005 at 08:47 AM]

[Edited by Leus at Local Time:05-18-2005 at 08:48 AM: Modified the hold so it could be edited by anyone, edited the post again to add this edit tag on.]

[Last edited by Leus at 08-09-2005 08:57 AM : Removed the hold for various reasons...]
05-17-2005 at 10:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Hatlore
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 42
icon Re: Delver's Delight (0)  
Well, I decided to give you hold a shot... as far as I could get in it. The first room was interesting, went south for a bit, second room with enemies bothered me for some inexplicable reason, and eventually I found my way back through the first room to the line of queens and roaches.

And for the life of me, I can't figure it. my only problem with the hold is it's extremely linear. You've got three full levels of rooms... I just can't see them because of this one stumper one north of the entrance.
05-18-2005 at 08:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Leus
Hmm, I never even considered that aspect. My levels are fairly linear, except a few parts in the second and third. Now I understand why KDD and JtRH have the option to go around to pretty much any room you feel like. To keep interest up until you're ready to come back to the room you're stuck on.

Well damn... I'll keep that in mind for future level construction. And if it's any motivation, I assure you that the room you're stuck on is beatable. I can send you a demo if you're really interested in seeing the rest of my hold.

Actually, come to think of it, I should have just made it so that anyone can edit it. After all, it is in the beta stage. In fact, I think I'll change it so that anyone can edit it and reupload it right now. So take note, everyone: If you need the version that you can edit, just download it again.

Thanks for your interest in my hold.

05-18-2005 at 08:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
TripleM
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1373
Well, I've played through most of the first level so far, here are some of my thoughts.
Click here to view the secret text

Overall, pretty good so far, a few more checkpoints needed. And I agree about the linear thing.

05-18-2005 at 11:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
TripleM
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1373
And I was right to worry.
After finishing the top rooms, I try to come back down to find its impossible without the blue door having dropped. Which means that I'm now completely stuck, unless theres some secret passage I missed. If you have to make the level like that at all (not advisable), then you definitely need a scroll telling the player exactly which way they should go first.
05-18-2005 at 12:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Leus
TripleM, thanks for your input. The ridiculous thing is that I thought about that exact thing (the whole blue doors thing) before I was going to upload it, and somehow managed to forget to fix it! You can still play the rest of the hold if you downloaded the version that anyone can edit, and I will change it right now so that that will not happen again.

05-18-2005 at 09:08 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Delver's Delight (A JtRH hold, yo.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com