Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Fave level so far (Which level did you find the coolest?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
IP: Logged
icon Fave level so far (0)  
My personal favorite would to Symmetry, which is simply brilliant in design (it has rotational symmetry, thus it has the same puzzle four times only rotated 90 degrees each time, thus each requiring a different method).

But that's deep down in the PRIME set... on the upper ranks, I've always found Animal Training rather cute.

05-16-2005 at 09:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
MeckMeck GRE
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 594
icon Re: Fave level so far (0)  
I like the 42 calculator. It was a nice break between the really difficult levels....
05-16-2005 at 01:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Darkmatt
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 51
That's very difficult. I like most of the levels. Including Razzle Dazzle. (Curse you Radiant! Curse you!) But my most favorite would be...perhaps Calculus. Which took me a while to get how the machine worked. :P Even afterwards, I just guessed.
05-16-2005 at 07:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
I like The Blues. It's not a real complicated level, but has a nice lynchpin to it. Once you figure out the lynchpin, the followup work is straightforward but enjoyable. It's a very simple level.

I almost said "Bridge of Despair", but I don't like having to pause in order to see what the clones of me ("Mimics" in DROD terminology) are doing far off away.

I've only made it halfway through Prime so I expect my favorites will be changing.

-Erik

[Edited by ErikH2000 at Local Time:05-17-2005 at 05:54 PM: Had wrong level name.]

05-16-2005 at 07:41 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
PPKK
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
I have been playing the game not very recently, but being reviewed, the "Magma", "Rite of passage", "Help each other", "Bermuda triangle" and "Razzle dazzle" (however, I didn't complete it) seemed to be more remarkable in one or another way.

It's trivial, but I have to mention, that there was almost some style in the levelset: predictability of consequences (despite some levels did hide [like the hard mode of the level with Euler cycle] their key component). This style gives the most of the total pleasure.

[Edited by PPKK at Local Time:05-24-2005 at 01:12 AM: remove email notification...]
05-16-2005 at 11:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Darkmatt
icon Re: Fave level so far (+1)  
It took me forever to realize how to solve "The Blues".

WARNING: SPOILER

Click here to view the secret text

[Edited by Darkmatt at Local Time:05-17-2005 at 02:39 AM]
05-17-2005 at 02:39 AM
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
After completing half of the levels in Prime my favourite is "Completely Different" and specifically the key puzzle after the first exit. It took a little while to figure what to do and it was quite cool trick.
05-17-2005 at 04:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Darkmatt
I don't like "Completely Different" But "Nothing as it Seems" is pretty fun as well.

EDIT: New favorite, "Rooms of Confusion". XD So fun!

[Edited by Darkmatt at Local Time:05-22-2005 at 08:44 PM]
05-18-2005 at 04:14 AM
acrobat
Rank Points: 47
I haven't unlocked but half the levels. After completing the top two rows, I started aiming for the bottom right corner. I have to get through either Calculus or Rooms of Confusion to unlock it, though, and have not yet managed that.

I liked Ray Tracing a lot.

I also started in on some of the contest levels. I wonder though, in Shooting Puzzle are you supposed to be able to get inside the gallery and run around? It doesn't really seem to fit the concept of the level.
05-23-2005 at 09:43 PM
Radiant
Hm, both Calculus and ROC are very feasible in easy mode. I'd recommend Calc though, it's very easy once you get the trick.

Shooting puzzle... no, I don't think that was the idea, no. How did you manage that?

05-23-2005 at 10:16 PM
The Stew Boy
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 247
Maybe by using the dynamite to get past the skull or something? I don't know, I haven't tried
My favourite level so far is Animal Training, I think.
05-23-2005 at 10:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
acrobat

File: Shooting Puzzle.SUB (1.8 KB)
Downloaded 70 times.
License: Other
I'm assuming the sub files are the demos.
05-24-2005 at 09:17 AM
Radiant
Depending on where you find them, they're either demos or levels or both. Those in your player directory are demos.

05-24-2005 at 10:39 AM
acrobat
The attachment (earlier post) is the demo for Shooting Puzzle. It has a few slow points where I stopped to think, but it shows what I was talking about.
05-24-2005 at 09:21 PM
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
After playing some more levels my favourite level has changed into "The Bitter Taste of Defeat". I liked the puzzles in that one and the bomb loop part took me quite long to figure although the solution was after all really easy.

Factory Floor was also cool but it became really easy when I learned to use pause...
05-24-2005 at 10:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
My favorite level so far is probably Ray Tracing - it has a perfect balance of having to combine a lot of small, local puzzles while still needing to keep the big picture in mind.

Also, I really liked Laws of Physics - the room design itself isn't as grand as Ray Tracing but solving it was really rewarding.

The entrance to Express Delivery (It think - I don't have Subterra here with me, but I mean the hard room version of the transformations room) is maybe my favorite object-manipulation puzzle, but the secret room itself is really, really annoying, one of my least favorites so far.

06-05-2005 at 05:57 PM
acrobat
eytanz wrote:
My favorite level so far is probably Ray Tracing - it has a perfect balance of having to combine a lot of small, local puzzles while still needing to keep the big picture in mind.

Also, I really liked Laws of Physics - the room design itself isn't as grand as Ray Tracing but solving it was really rewarding.

I actually found Laws of Physics to be pretty easy - the hard part was - like many of the tutorial rooms - figuring out how to break out of the tutorial area.
The entrance to Express Delivery (It think - I don't have Subterra here with me, but I mean the hard room version of the transformations room) is maybe my favorite object-manipulation puzzle, but the secret room itself is really, really annoying, one of my least favorites so far.

It took me quite a while to get into the secret room. I agree, this is a very good puzzle - if you are looking for it, you can see where you are supposed to go, but figuring out how is another thing altogether!

On the other hand it is possible to get 9 gems beyond the quota when doing that level on hard. :D
06-07-2005 at 07:01 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Fave level so far (Which level did you find the coolest?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com