Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : The DROD Soundtrack CD petition (If Erik was to create and sell a DROD soundtrack for $10 USD, would you buy it?)
Page 2 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
If Erik was to create and sell a DROD soundtrack for $10 USD, would you buy it?
Don't be stupid! Of course I would! (Yes)
Highly doubt it (No)
My name is Erik Hermansen.
Note: Viewing results forfeits your right to vote.
Poster Message
SbCl3
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 61
IP: Logged
icon Re: The DROD Soundtrack CD petition (0)  
I may order. No "maybe" option?

IMO, Erik's music in DROD:AE and DROD:JtRH is almost inferior to the music in Webfoot [Lars Christian Aasbren (sp?)]. I'd much rather buy that...its too bad it'll never happen. I already have webfoot's music on a CD (patience + Windows Sound Recorder...), but the original would be much higher quality.

Erik's stuff was still quite good though; i'll probably buy it.
06-11-2005 at 04:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
SbCl3
hmm...i ordered it 2 weeks ago; it hasn't come. Just how long will it take? :|
06-23-2005 at 06:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Syntax
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1218
Why not just play drod ?
06-23-2005 at 08:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: The DROD Soundtrack CD petition (+1)  
SbCl3 wrote:
hmm...i ordered it 2 weeks ago; it hasn't come. Just how long will it take? :|
About a week. I just shipped them out. International (non-US) orders were sent with airmail. US orders were sent plain-old first class.

-Erik

06-23-2005 at 11:48 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ClaytonW
Rank Points: 961
icon Re: The DROD Soundtrack CD petition (+2)  
I got my copy of Deadly Music of Death last week, and tore it out of the package very quickly. (My nephew later started chewing on the package, but he's got this baby fascination with paper, it seems.) I popped it in the DVD player in my room (Aside from my computer, I have no actual CD player), and let it's ambience lull me to sleep after an overnight shift at work.

Since I got the CD, I've been taking my aunt's car everywhere I go just so I can listen to it while driving. A lot of this music is suitable for driving around really late at night. And for those songs featured in the "Songs of the Eighth" contest... I was even singing along, even to The Whistler. :)

Just wanna say I'm very happy with my purchase and would gladly buy Volume II if and when it comes. :thumbsup
07-05-2005 at 05:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
SbCl3
Yeah, I listen to it a lot as well...about 3 times everyday.

Quick question: as long as we keep it to our ourselves, are we allowed to rip it/convert it to ogg/put it on a portable mp3 player?
07-05-2005 at 11:58 PM
ErikH2000
SbCl3 wrote:
Quick question: as long as we keep it to our ourselves, are we allowed to rip it/convert it to ogg/put it on a portable mp3 player?
Go for it!

-Erik

07-06-2005 at 12:24 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
SbCl3
How many have sold?

Me want webfoot!
07-07-2005 at 07:01 PM
ErikH2000
SbCl3 wrote:
How many have sold?
Six!

-Erik

07-07-2005 at 07:32 PM
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
Hmmm...I think I may need to start buying some copies to friends and others to give as gifts now...I'd really like to see another volume out.

We need 25, right? I can give one to my dad, my mom, my two sisters, some of my friends, and possibly to Erik if I get desperate. :)

07-07-2005 at 07:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tscott
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 382
ErikH2000 wrote:
Six!
Seven!

07-07-2005 at 08:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
This is not a telethon! I'm not gonna guilt people into buying, but if you really want the CD or think someone else may like it for a gift, then sure, go grab one. No charity purchases! :)

And thanks T., for #7. I hope you enjoy it.

-Erik

07-07-2005 at 08:25 PM
Abbyzzmal
Rank Points: 348
My debit card has apparently "not been activated" since I have apparently "never used it" and I am apparently "several hundred miles away from my bank". However, as soon as I find a way around these hurdles, this baby is mine!

Probably September. I will order one in September.
07-08-2005 at 04:29 PM
mrimer
Rank Points: 5058
I mentioned earlier I bought a DMOD CD and I'm glad to have it. One thing that surprises me is that, of all the people who voted they would "definitely buy" such a CD on this poll a while back, just over a third of us have actually bought one. I don't have much marketing experience, but it appears people who answer "definitely" on polls actually mean "maybe" in the large majority of cases when it comes to a purchase. However, I guess many people could also be waiting till a later date to buy one, like getting it as a birthday present or something. This is an interesting bit of statistical knowledge for me. (This isn't a prod from me either to get people to buy them -- Erik is the only one who gets any money for music.)

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
07-08-2005 at 08:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
mrimer wrote:
This is an interesting bit of statistical knowledge for me. (This isn't a prod from me either to get people to buy them -- Erik is the only one who gets any money for music.)
That is exactly what I was thinking. So if we get a certain number, like 30% of people that say they will buy something actually will, then we can take number that into account if we do other rallying polls like that.

-Erik

07-08-2005 at 08:16 PM
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
ErikH2000 wrote:
mrimer wrote:
This is an interesting bit of statistical knowledge for me. (This isn't a prod from me either to get people to buy them -- Erik is the only one who gets any money for music.)
That is exactly what I was thinking. So if we get a certain number, like 30% of people that say they will buy something actually will, then we can take number that into account if we do other rallying polls like that.

-Erik
If you look at the poll options though, you'll find that there isn't really an option for "maybe"; the only choices are a concrete "yes", "no" or "not applicable". Probably what's happened is that the "maybe" people have voted for the option that they're biased towards. I, for example, might buy a copy in future, but not right now. Since, however, I could only choose "yes" or "no", I therefore voted "yes".

07-16-2005 at 09:03 PM
SbCl3
Why did I just receive a second cd in the mail? Did plimus make a mistake? :? :| :crazy :nugget I hope I wasn't charged 30$...
07-16-2005 at 09:28 PM
ErikH2000
SbCl3 wrote:
Why did I just receive a second cd in the mail? Did plimus make a mistake? :? :| :crazy :nugget I hope I wasn't charged 30$...
No, it was a shipping mistake (AKA, an "Erik mistake"), not a billing mistake. I lost a hard drive which also included records of who I shipped to, so looking over the orders for DMOD, I saw yours on the 12th which was in the grey area between "definitely shipped" and "definitely not shipped". I just shipped you a copy to be certain, and so it turns out you get two. Give one to a friend, if you like.

-Erik

07-16-2005 at 09:48 PM
SbCl3
w00t.
07-16-2005 at 11:26 PM
SbCl3
In honor of the CD, here are some pretty good scans:

Note: these are being hosted on my home server, and they are likely to get renamed or deleted. So if you like them and want to add them to your ripped files, please save them.

How many CDs now? Webfoot webfoot webfoot!
08-26-2005 at 11:10 PM
ErikH2000
SbCl3 wrote:
How many CDs now? Webfoot webfoot webfoot!
We're up to 10!

-Erik

08-27-2005 at 04:13 AM
Abbyzzmal
Quick question:

How long will the CD take to ship? I have obtained a Credit Card and wish to break it in with a worthwhile purchase, but I am under 2 weeks away from a change in my address. I'd like to have the music for the long drive back to college, but I fear it may be too late. So if I ordered the CD right now, should I order with my current address or my soon-to-be current address?

With this answered, I shall with great pleasure type a post that reads "11!" or hopefully maybe even "12!"
08-27-2005 at 06:50 AM
SbCl3
It should arrive in under 2 weeks. Especially if you live in the United States, and even faster if you live near Washington [state].
08-27-2005 at 02:58 PM
ErikH2000
Yeah, Abb, you're in the States, so after you order it, I might take 2 or 3 days to mail it. And then it might take 2 or 3 days to arrive. About a week altogether.

-Erik

08-27-2005 at 04:17 PM
Abbyzzmal
11!

I guess!

Actually, just after I placed the order, I realized: I am leaving Tuesday (Sept. 6) morning. Since Monday is labor day, there is no mail Monday. There's never mail on Sunday. Which means that I only have a week of mail service before departure.

This will be an exciting race, the USPS vs. time itself. I can hardly wait to see who wins, but waiting is exactly what I'll do.
08-27-2005 at 05:28 PM
ErikH2000
Thanks, buddy. I will put it in a mailbox Monday and USPS will probably grab it Tuesday, as you say. I'll send it priority mail.

-Erik

08-28-2005 at 05:48 AM
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
All I'd like to say is a part of my cold, black heart glows with life at noticing that 13 people have replied that they are Erik Hermannsen.
08-28-2005 at 08:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Well, he is a modern-day Spartacus.

08-28-2005 at 10:50 AM
trick
Rank Points: 2580
I didn't know Erik had an army of gladiators. You learn something new every day.

Combined with his basement, this could get dangerous. I'm glad I'm on his side.

- Gerry
08-28-2005 at 05:01 PM
Pinnacle
Rank Points: 1129
14 Eriks.
Hmm...
There is only one explanation for this.

MIMIC POTIONS!

08-28-2005 at 05:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Page 2 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : The DROD Soundtrack CD petition (If Erik was to create and sell a DROD soundtrack for $10 USD, would you buy it?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com