Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Alternate key bindings
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
levelthirteen
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 109
IP: Logged
icon Alternate key bindings (0)  
For those of us who have F1 - F36 set to open applications.

06-23-2003 at 03:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Malarame
Rank Points: 220
icon Re: Alternate key bindings (0)  
You can already change the default key bindings. Do you just mean that you want to change the use of F1 to open the help menu? If it's just that, then you can always just Alt-Tab out of the game and open it manually.

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception."
-Groucho Marx
06-23-2003 at 07:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
levelthirteen
icon Re: Alternate key bindings (0)  
There is still no easy way to change F5 to test a room and F10 to toggle fullscreen mode, short of downloading a C++ compiler and the DROD source, and recompiling DROD with the new key bindings.

06-23-2003 at 08:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: Re: Alternate key bindings (0)  
levelthirteen wrote:
There is still no easy way to change F5 to test a room and F10 to toggle fullscreen mode, short of downloading a C++ compiler and the DROD source, and recompiling DROD with the new key bindings.
Ack. I guess I figured we could get away with reserving the function keys for some of the meta-game commands. We don't have enough room on the settings screen to add more redefs without some really ugly cramming. I was hoping to split up the settings screen into separate screens at some point. But not this release, because I don't want to introduce so much new code into the project.

I can see making changes that allow key redefinition of the help (F1), demo record (F5), demo selection (F6), and fullscreen toggle (F10) commands. But I think they probably shouldn't go into this release.

-Erik

06-23-2003 at 08:37 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
levelthirteen
icon Re: Re: Re: Alternate key bindings (0)  
ErikH2000 wrote:
[ I was hoping to split up the settings screen into separate screens at some point. But not this release, because I don't want to introduce so much new code into the project.
-Erik
I feel so blinded by the windows desktop; Shift+F5 and Shift+F10 do the same thing as F5 and F10 do in DROD; but since windows thinks that they are different, I never thought to look till now. What are you planning on adding to the settings screen when you split it in build 57?

06-24-2003 at 01:16 AM
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: Re: Re: Re: Alternate key bindings (0)  
levelthirteen wrote:
What are you planning on adding to the settings screen when you split it in build 57?
Oh, maybe not that much. A language selector. More key redefs. Stuff like that. I'm not a big fan of having lots of options, but I'm sure we'll get some more down the road, and that will need more space.

-Erik

06-24-2003 at 01:39 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Alternate key bindings
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com