Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : No Demos for my hold
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
IP: Logged
icon No Demos for my hold (0)  
When I play my hold(how to keep idiots busy), after I beat any room, I look at the demos for that room and instead of the top 8 demos of caravelnet, I see it has no demos and it says"This Hold was not yet published on caravelnet" when it certaintly was.Am I missing something like that everyone had to resubmit their hold when JTRH came out?Because I only saw it happen by my hold. Btw, that message appears on both when I download it from within the game and also on the forums.

[Edited by rowrow at Local Time:04-21-2005 at 09:27 AM]

04-21-2005 at 09:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
icon Re: No Demos for my hold (0)  
I can't reproduce this... it works fine for me, and judging by all the demos, it works for other people too.

This was one of the holds that I had to fix the ending stairs for, so the only explanation that I can think of is that you have the old version and not the new, but you're saying you downloaded it in-game and on the forum...

Can somebody else try this and see if they can reproduce it?

04-21-2005 at 12:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
silver
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 915
last week, his hold also did weird things like this:

I'd download "rowrow's how to keep idiots busy" but then right below would appear "rowthro budkin's how to keep idiots busy". clicking on that would would bring up a message saying "you already have this hold" and then any hold I tried to download until I deleted his and quit drod would say "file is corrupt!"

the 2.0.5 patch made and downloading the updated rowrow's made this stop happening.

04-21-2005 at 01:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
The 2.0.5 patch was coincidental. The problem was in the CaravelNet database - rowrow had updated his hold and given it a new name, but that wasn't reflected in the database. So CaravelNet was telling DROD it was named one thing, and DROD thought it was named something else, so it thought you didn't have it installed.

04-21-2005 at 01:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
masonjason
Rank Points: 349
My hold, The Oversight, is doing exactly the same thing.

04-21-2005 at 11:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
Rank Points: 432
So what should I do to get it to work?

04-22-2005 at 12:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
icon Re: No Demos for my hold (+1)  
The Oversight works for me, and looking at the high scores, for several other people too.

What's going on here is that you both have editable versions of your own holds. If you go into the editor and do *anything* it will re-save it and change the timestamp on it. This means it's no longer the same as the CaravelNet version and CaravelNet will not allow demos for your modified version.

The way to fix it would be to delete your local version and reload the CaravelNet version from within the game. You might want to export the one you've already got before you delete it, just to be safe.

04-22-2005 at 02:54 AM
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
I downloaded my hold Tar Caves from CaravelNet, and it's not saving demos. I know I'm using the public version because my player doesn't have edit rights to Tar Caves, I didn't export my AE player.

04-23-2005 at 06:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : No Demos for my hold
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com