Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Hold uploading (Why is it down?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
NoahT
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1138
IP: Logged
icon Hold uploading (0)  
The title and subtitle of this thread pretty much ask the entire question. Why has hold uploading been disabled? Is it to prevent people from submitting JtRH until it's been a month after the release date? Because my hold is an AE hold, and if the answer to the above is yes, I don't see why uploading AE holds should be disabled along with JtRH holds.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

-Noah

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

04-19-2005 at 01:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Stefan
Rank Points: 2119
icon Re: Hold uploading (+1)  
I think uploading is disabled for the same reason H&S was disabled some time ago: Something very awesome and beautiful is emerging backstage...

04-19-2005 at 01:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
patmo98
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 39
icon Re: Hold uploading (0)  
NoahT wrote:
I don't see why uploading AE holds should be disabled along with JtRH holds.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

-Noah

I think that AE holds are JtRH holds.

[Edited by patmo98 at Local Time:04-19-2005 at 03:36 AM]
04-19-2005 at 03:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5416
icon Re: Hold uploading (+1)  
Stefan's closest to the truth, although that's giving me too much credit and setting everyone up for disappointment.

With JtRH, hold uploads are handled *way* differently than they were before. I've used the new upload method, but I cautious to let everyone else use it until I'm sure the bugs are pretty much ironed out. For example, I think that if two people uploaded holds at the same time, very bad things might happen. For just me uploading a hold, that's fine, but it obviously needs to be taken care of before I can release it to everyone.

If you (or anyone) is very anxious to have their hold uploaded, just send it to me and I'll upload it, so I can monitor what happens and fix any problems. I will then mark it as uploaded by the author so he or she can change the preferences on it.

04-19-2005 at 03:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
NoahT
Rank Points: 1138
Thanks, Schik! My hold should be ready very soon.

-Noah

BTW, would it be too much trouble to add a feature to hold-uploading that lets an author decide if an AE hold of theirs should use AE or JtRH graphics in the DROD room images? It would still be fine if is too much trouble.

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

04-20-2005 at 12:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5416
NoahT wrote:
BTW, would it be too much trouble to add a feature to hold-uploading that lets an author decide if an AE hold of theirs should use AE or JtRH graphics in the DROD room images? It would still be fine if is too much trouble.
To be frank, yes, it would be too much trouble. :)

All room images will use JtRH graphics.

04-20-2005 at 02:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Hold uploading (Why is it down?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com