Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Super MEga Ultra Hard HOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (HARD HARD HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
SuperV
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 34
IP: Logged

File: SHVE Duegon.hold (8.5 KB)
Downloaded 108 times.
License: Other
icon Super MEga Ultra Hard HOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (+1)  
Beat this!!! If you found bugs post on this forum.

SuperV hint : BUY JTRH!
04-18-2005 at 03:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Maurog
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1501
icon Re: Super MEga Ultra Hard HOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (+2)  
Let's see...
The Entrance level - Can't be completed at all. The room is split in half and once you choose a half, you can't kill any roaches in the other half. Also, there is an exits mismatch between Entrance and 1E. It looks like there is an exit to the South, but it's not connected.

1E - Nothing to say except the mentioned mismatch between the exits of this and the Entrance room.

1W - Not only this room is not needed at all, if you enter it from the upper half of Entrance, you're stuck. Like, totally. Can't get out and stuff.

1N - Nothing to say about the room.

1E1N - Nothing to say about the room.

And this is as far as it goes. The blue doors can't be opened.
Overall notes - Not enough variety... frankly, all rooms looked the same to me. Not enough checkpoints... no checkpoints at all actually, but its ok, because the rooms weren't much challenge either. Too many roach queens... they don't do anything if they are surrounded by other roach queens and walls from all sides. Don't put 10 queens where 2 is enough.

The most important thing I have to say is, try to play your hold yourself at least once to see if all the bits hold together, before getting people to test it. Really.
In my opinion, this hold doesn't deserve a single exclamation mark... yet.

04-18-2005 at 04:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
MeckMeck GRE
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 594
icon Re: Super MEga Ultra Hard HOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (0)  
The title is a little bit a offensive but theres nothing bad about it.

Level 1 has some bugs as mentioned by Maurog.

Its a little too much kill all queens. This task dominates all rooms of the first level. Level 2 offers more variance but is still too much frag em all styled to apply to my favorite genre.

A plus point goes to the garden style with trees and gardener :-)

However its a small nice piece of hack and slay. Entertains for a while but not long time.

04-18-2005 at 05:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
SuperV
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 34

File: Super Hard Very Evil DUEGON.hold (10.1 KB)
Downloaded 91 times.
License: Other
icon Re: Super MEga Ultra Hard HOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (+1)  
Level 1 Fixed.

SuperV hint : BUY JTRH!
04-19-2005 at 03:24 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Super MEga Ultra Hard HOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (HARD HARD HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com