Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Challenges : JtRH Level 10 3E (The helpful mimic)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
StuartK
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 564
IP: Logged
icon JtRH Level 10 3E (0)  
I'm strongly feeling the urge to upload my highscores (despite my continuing moral qualms about the advantage I get as a beta tester) but I figure I can have more fun this way :)

C h a l l e n g e !
 Thus far, most of the attempts for Level 10 3E have been rather timid, or just plain callous and disrespectful towards your helpful friend, the mimic :thumbsdown.

So, let's see a solution that's under 200 moves. For extra bonus and style points, you could also try to finish the room with the mimic next to you, in the exit. 

[Edited by StuartK at Local Time:04-16-2005 at 03:21 PM: fixed subject]
04-16-2005 at 01:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bibelot
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 322
icon Re: JTrH Level 10 3E (+1)  
StuartK wrote:
I'm strongly feeling the urge to upload my highscores (despite my continuing moral qualms about the advantage I get as a beta tester) but I figure I can have more fun this way :)
Aw, but think of the thrill of having the high score in every room! That is, until I beat them all. During testing I never quite finished optimizing through levels four and five, but I'll get to all of the levels eventually, just you wait...
04-16-2005 at 07:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
StuartK
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 564
icon Re: JTrH Level 10 3E (0)  
We have a winner with Bibelot, and a very neat (too neat?) solution at 194 moves, though he still kills the mimic before exiting. Boo.

Some of the other demos have seen some really interesting tactics, and even if they're not under 200 moves, they're still fascinating to watch, if just for the variety.

There's still some scope to optimise the room further, if anyone's interested (though my demo for both challenge objectives comes in at just under 200 moves) My best for the room is 184 moves, but after seeing some of the tactics on display, I'm certain there's better.

Aw, but think of the thrill of having the high score in every room! That is, until I beat them all. During testing I never quite finished optimizing through levels four and five, but I'll get to all of the levels eventually, just you wait...

I notice I don't have any unique highscores for levels 1-5 except for 1 room you missed a trick in. I've been keeping ontop of most other rooms, returning the favour when others have beaten my scores - except where the solution appears optimal and I just left it. There's no fun in having a solution exactly the same as everyone elses.

I'll see how things go and maybe upload near the start of May (when everyone can feel free to mod me down for my weakness)
04-16-2005 at 12:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Hazekel
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
icon Re: JtRH Level 10 3E (0)  
Guys, I can't even figure this level out. I have to clear all the tar but since the tar is only two thick, I cannot clear it all, leaving the round splotches. Am I missing something?
04-29-2005 at 09:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: JtRH Level 10 3E (+1)  
Yep...you're missing the Hints and Solutions board, which has the answers: http://www.drod.net/forum/viewtopic.php?TopicID=6094 .

I highly suggest that you complete your registration for CaravelNet so that you can effectively search for hints through the Hints and Solutions board. You should have gotten an e-mail when you bought JtRH, which explains how to set it up. This will allow your high scores to be uploaded, let you view the top 8 demos of rooms you've completed, and enables room images for JtRH rooms you've explored. I believe there is also information for this in the "troubleshooting" file in your DROD:JtRH directory.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
04-29-2005 at 09:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Challenges : JtRH Level 10 3E (The helpful mimic)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com