Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Dungeon2 (JtRH hold)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Nillo
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 548
IP: Logged

File: Dungeon2.hold (10.5 KB)
Downloaded 120 times.
License: Other
icon Dungeon2 (+1)  
I've started work on my second hold: Dungeon2.

So far, there are two areas:
Roachling Dungeon
Wubba Cavern

Dungeon2 will be laid out much like an RPG. As in Dungeon1, all levels are accessible from the Top Level. Also, I will be taking advantage of several starting positions on that level.

Please give me feedback on the first two areas before I continue.

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
04-13-2005 at 08:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nillo
icon Re: Dungeon2 (0)  
I can see that 22 people have downloaded it, but no one has posted a single comment. Does that mean that it has no serious bugs? Or that it was too boring to complete?

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
04-18-2005 at 03:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
MeckMeck GRE
Rank Points: 594
icon Re: Dungeon2 (+1)  
Requesting Commends ? Aknowledged !

Comments :

Wilderness : Nice idea, such a Level Selection Screen

Roachling Dungeon

1N1E : Nice fight against that 12 Roaches and the time and other roaches.
1E : Easy.
1S : Good smite break with an easy puzzle
1S1W : I like that. A good, fairly easy roach puzzle
2W : Dislike that.

Wubba Cavern :

1W : Funny to ran away of the wubbas
1E : Ok.
1N : Fairly difficult room. Very good !

[Edited by MeckMeck GRE at Local Time:04-18-2005 at 05:58 PM]
04-18-2005 at 05:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
masonjason
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 349
icon Re: Dungeon2 (+2)  
Played the first level and most of the second. Fun, and refreshingly non-tedious. The gameplay's all there. However, I have a couple of minor criticisms: your aesthetics could use a little work. The hallways and such look somewhat blocky. Also, the two levels - both labelled "easy" - are fairly easy for a conqueror of KDD and JtRH, but a newish player might find them very difficult, so you might want to consider altering the text.

04-18-2005 at 06:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nillo
icon Re: Dungeon2 (0)  
Thanks to both of you. Disliked rooms will be replaced, passages will become less blocky. The levels are labeled "easy" relative to the other levels I am going to make, so that won't be changed.

I am making a new level, so it might take a while until the next version.

04-18-2005 at 08:09 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Dungeon2 (JtRH hold)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com