Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Not allowing Halph to enter a room completely
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Watcher
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 902
IP: Logged
icon Not allowing Halph to enter a room completely (+1)  
If Halph is placed on an edge square in a room, and Beethro enters from this square, Halph will enter a short while later and take two steps into the room. If you don't let him do this, he will get cranky and start breaking your computer.

Steps to reproduce:
Pick any room in which Halph is placed on an edge square and enter from this square.
Move around in such a way that Halph takes one step into the room, then move Beethro right next to Halph on the next move.
DROD will beep and generate the error message "Assertion error in line 207 of C:\\Caravel\\DROD17\\DRODLib\\Halph.cpp: "Bad state in CHalph::GetPathTo()"" and Halph will not move. This will happen on every turn until Beethro moves away from Halph. When this happens, Halph will take another step and everything will continue normally.

This happens both in normal play and testing from the editor.

[Edited by Watcher at Local Time:04-10-2005 at 01:40 PM: fixed wrong error message]

04-10-2005 at 01:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5064
IP: Logged
icon Re: Not allowing Halph to enter a room completely (0)  
Watcher wrote:
If Halph is placed on an edge square in a room, and Beethro enters from this square, Halph will enter a short while later and take two steps into the room. If you don't let him do this, he will get cranky and start breaking your computer.
Yikes! Feisty kid!
Steps to reproduce:
Thank you. I've fixed this.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
04-11-2005 at 08:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Not allowing Halph to enter a room completely
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com