Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Which is better, Xbox or PS2? (Which is better, Xbox or PS2?)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Which is better, Xbox or PS2?
Xbox! PollPollPoll 7 25.00%
PS2! PollPollPoll 14 50.00%
They're both the same! PollPollPoll 1 3.57%
They both suck! PollPollPoll 5 17.86%
I don't know what you're talking about! PollPollPoll 1 3.57%
Total Votes 33 100%
Poster Message
Krishh
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 282
IP: Logged
icon Re: Which is better, Xbox or PS2? (0)  
What shocks me though, is that competition seems to be bad for the console industry consumer. Sure, if it weren't there, the price of the only system may be 500$, and it might be much less powerful(if you are pessimistic anyway), but this would do two things:

1) This console could play all the games there are. Currently you would need 600-900$ to buy all the consoles there are to play new games.
2) A weaker system would mean less attention on graphics and more attention on other things, among them gameplay.

The downside is of course, that both 1 and 2 would alianate casual gamers, and probably there are some even bigger flaws in this that I haven't though of. But anyway. Just a random though.
04-12-2005 at 12:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
MasterGiga
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 67
icon Re: Which is better, Xbox or PS2? (+1)  
Ah, finally, this common question is posted on the best forum on the net.

I'm always going to respond PS2. Why? Because I have games that I WANT to play on the PS2. There are simply a lot of games that interest me (as well as others I'm sure) that are on a system that isn't Xbox. Now, the Xbox...sure its got the best graphics, but what are graphics when you have a bad game/plain uninteresting game. I'm borrowing my friend's Xbox and the games Prince of Persia WW/Prince of Persia 2 (...sort of okay), Otogi 2 (no no), Halo 2 (Okay by me), and Ninja Gaiden (fine, but too difficult to play for me).

Simply put, after playing these games I still have no reason to get an Xbox. The games clash with me as a whole. An Xbox wouldn't be used by me often, having nothing to play. Halo 2 is great in its on light, but still not great enough and still just one title out of the many required to make a console worth buying. I agree that the hard drive is cool though. Saving music albums is nice.

I'll grab an Xbox when there are games (that interest me) released similar to Final Fantasy, the Legend of Zelda, Ratchet and Clank, or ANYTHING that can hold a gamer's interest.

So Microsoft and developers, I'll be waiting for that golden age...or whatever. :)

[Edited by MasterGiga at Local Time:04-13-2005 at 04:25 PM]

04-13-2005 at 04:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
MeckMeck GRE
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 594
Konsoles sucks !

Its just their limits and the PC Game Flood of 1:1 converted console games with dreadful controlls and 640x480 Textures.
Also consoles are expensive and not very expandable.
04-13-2005 at 06:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Malarame
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 220
MeckMeck GRE wrote:
Also consoles are expensive and not very expandable.
Well, when compared to the price of a new computer, consoles are very cheap. Any console nowadays is cheaper than even a single top-of-the-line graphics card, for example.

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception."
-Groucho Marx
04-13-2005 at 07:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Yup...consoles are loss leaders...they lose lots of money on the console itself, and make it back through the games. And it is definitely easier to get used console games for cheap than used PC games, around here at least. Of course, shareware/freeware games like DROD and others aren't possible on consoles, but in terms of games you buy, on the PC you pretty much have to wait for a price drop or a compilation. Consoles you have a pretty good chance of getting a decent price on a game after half a year or so it seems.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
04-13-2005 at 07:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Necro244
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 15
In a choice of Xbox or PS2 I would have to say Xbox. Not only are the graphics better but some of the games are more fun.

For instance: Xbox has Fable and the Halo series but PS2 has games like GTA. Hard decision here but I think Xbox is better.

05-17-2005 at 02:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Which is better, Xbox or PS2? (Which is better, Xbox or PS2?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com