Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : The Prize Box (A contest for prizes!)
<<14151617
Page 18 of 24
19202122>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Chris
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 144
IP: Logged
icon Re: The Prize Box (0)  
#OG1: 66818 139
10-05-2005 at 04:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
Before the new clue, a quick recap:
Clue 1:

Clue 2: Something's missing here...

Clue 3: Why are some of the numbers red? And why is there no red 6?

Clue 4: This riddle brought to you on this site's forum. Isn't the internet a wonderful thing?

Clue 5: Maybe you should read between the dots

Clue 6: I'm sure if you read the words "you or I" quickly enough, the location of the riddle will come to you.
Clue 7: Once you've put it all together (or taken it all apart as the case may be), just answer the question.

10-05-2005 at 05:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chris
I found message 66818 after much searching. It didn't help.
10-05-2005 at 09:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Yeah, I've tried as many substitutions as I can think of, and although I know how to get the solution, I'm waiting for either a new clue or for someone to get it.

10-05-2005 at 03:04 PM
DiMono
The most important clues seem to be ones you're not paying enough attention to. Remember that all the clues come together for the solution, and that nothing is wasted, even things that aren't actually there.

Clue 8: Redirection is the act of changing where someone or something is headed. You'll have to be quick in order to get the question you need to answer.

Hint: The red six is missing, so it must not be anything. How many is nothing?

[Last edited by DiMono at 10-05-2005 03:05 PM]
10-05-2005 at 03:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Funnily enough, your spiel helped more than your 'hint'.

Edit: Ah HAH! Now where's the question...

Edit to the edit: Yes, I know I for some reason typed OG#3 on my guess down there. Pretend for a second that it's OG#2, I think I'm up to.

[Last edited by Mattcrampy at 10-13-2005 02:26 AM]
10-05-2005 at 03:41 PM
Mattcrampy
OG#3: Blue

10-05-2005 at 03:46 PM
DiMono
Mattcrampy wrote:
Funnily enough, your spiel helped more than your 'hint'.

Edit: Ah HAH! Now where's the question...

Edit to the edit: Yes, I know I for some reason typed OG#3 on my guess down there. Pretend for a second that it's OG#2, I think I'm up to.
That's okay, just make OG2 your next one.

10-05-2005 at 04:00 PM
Mattcrampy
Okay,

OG#2: Who's there?

10-05-2005 at 04:03 PM
DiMono
Mattcrampy wrote:
Okay,

OG#2: Who's there?
Close enough! That's actually the question I was looking for you to answer from clue 7, but you're so close to the end I'll give it to you. Choose your square!

For those in the dark, here's the solution: The immediate puzzle is a SuDoKu, where every row, column, and nine 3x3 squares arranged like a number sign must contain all the digits from 1 through 9. Solving the SuDoKu puts values under the red numbers. The red six is missing, so it's meant to be nothing, which is commonly represented by a zero. This gives you a string of nine numbers: 668180139. There are only two URIs (you or I) those numbers could represent, and one is 66.81.80.139, which promptly redirects you to roosterteeth.com, but while it does that it presents you with the text "Knock, knock."

[Last edited by DiMono at 10-06-2005 06:26 AM : Corrected a false statement in the solution]
10-06-2005 at 06:23 AM
Mattcrampy
And hence my guess of 'Blue'. I figured that red was already accounted for.

In keeping with the theme, I believe the last episode of Red vs Blue I watched was Episode 26, so I'll take box 26, thanks.

10-06-2005 at 06:59 AM
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
I'm somewhat terrified of the fact that people are somehow actually figuring this stuff out.
10-06-2005 at 07:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
Ah, but that wasn't so difficult.

I got to about halfway. I got the URI. I just never realised that the number box could be sudoku because there are multiple different coloured numbers on the same row. Yeah, the red numbers only showed the order... :selftwak
10-06-2005 at 09:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
I'm sorry to tell you your number 26 hold an X. On the bright side, less than half the board squares hold an X, so technically that means you beat the odds! Congratulations!

It occurs to me now that with the Prize Box more than half gone, and the letters spread so widely, I may need to come up with another method to distribute DROD merchandise for when this wraps up. Rest assured, whatever ingenious scheme I come up with will be better scheduled than the puzzles in this thread.

In the meantime though, a new puzzle will come soon!

10-06-2005 at 09:41 AM
DiMono

File: puzzle.wav (168 bytes)
Downloaded 127 times.
License: Public Domain
Puzzle: Bob and Michelle were out on a date, when the conversation turned to music. "Did you know if you play part of Stairway to Heaven backward you can hear a Satanic verse?" asked Bob.

"Yeah, actually there are a lot of songs that have cool stuff in them if you slow them down, reverse them, kill the treble... that Britney Spears song Hit Me Baby, One More Time played backwards has her saying sleep with me, I'm not too young."

"I'm a pro at finding this kind of stuff. I've never found a song that had a hidden message I wasn't able to uncover."

"Oh really..." postulated Michelle. Then she handed him a tape and said "I'll bet you can't find the hidden message in this song."

Their date ended amicably, and when they met up again a few days later, Bob said to her "I found your message."

What was it?

Download the song

[Last edited by DiMono at 10-12-2005 10:53 PM]
10-12-2005 at 10:52 PM
Banjooie
OG #1: Biological Clock = Ticking
10-13-2005 at 06:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Clue 1: You have to manipulate the file in some way... you knew that though, right?

10-13-2005 at 07:03 AM
Mattcrampy
OG#1: RIFF

I'm graspin' at straws here, as I couldn't be bothered installing sound manipulation software beyond what Windows already has, which seems to be a tad lossy.

10-13-2005 at 12:55 PM
DiMono
Clue 2: If you can just picture the song in your head, it's right in front of you.

10-13-2005 at 03:48 PM
DiMono
Clue 3: Maybe you're just not looking at it right.

10-14-2005 at 08:12 AM
DiMono
Clue 4: Have you tried standing on your head?

10-14-2005 at 05:16 PM
Banjooie
OG #2: Marry Me
10-14-2005 at 09:25 PM
krammer
Rank Points: 904
Banjooie, your guesses reset every day. That should be an OG#1 in your post above.

"Oook!"
10-14-2005 at 09:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Clue 5: Maybe this riddle is just too hard. How could I have the Audacity to post it?

10-15-2005 at 01:09 AM
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460
Aha!

#OG1: W wwwwvu
#OG2: Am mmmmm

No, I've got nothing.
10-15-2005 at 01:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Clue 6: I guess nobody's seeing it.

10-15-2005 at 05:09 PM
Alneyan
Rank Points: 622
#0G1: The Himalaya.
10-15-2005 at 05:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chris
#OG1: humuman
10-15-2005 at 07:11 PM
Alneyan
#OG2: I luv U man
10-15-2005 at 07:21 PM
Alneyan
#OG3: Luv U man

(Nasty double-posting here)
10-15-2005 at 07:22 PM
<<14151617
Page 18 of 24
19202122>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : The Prize Box (A contest for prizes!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com