Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : The Prize Box (A contest for prizes!)
<<10111213
Page 14 of 24
15161718>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Maurog
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1501
IP: Logged
icon Re: The Prize Box (0)  
OG#1: Sudoku

07-25-2005 at 10:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Maurog
OG#2:
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|
|4|3|2|6|9|5|1|8|7|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|
|1|6|5|4|7|8|2|9|3|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|
|9|8|7|2|1|3|6|4|5|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|
|7|2|9|5|4|1|8|3|6|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|
|6|4|8|3|2|7|9|5|1|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|
|3|5|1|8|6|9|4|7|2|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|
|8|7|4|1|5|2|3|6|9|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|
|5|1|3|9|8|6|7|2|4|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|
|2|9|6|7|3|4|5|1|8|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|

07-25-2005 at 11:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
Maurog wins! ...He seems to do that a lot, doesn't he. Pick your two squares, Maurog!

Yes, it was a Su-Do-Ku puzzle. Every row should contain each of the digits from 1 to 9, as should each column, as should each non-overlapping square of 9 numbers (so the top-left 9, the top-center 9, etc). I was kind of hoping this would last a little longer, but what can you do.

07-26-2005 at 01:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Maurog
I'll take numbers 2 and 48 please.

07-26-2005 at 05:26 AM
DiMono
2 and 48? 2 and 48?

Well, the 2 holds an X, and the 48 holds a P! That means if you can get an M or a C you can win a Map of the Eighth or a DROD hat, respectively! You're only one letter away from winning the Prize Box's first prize, and you're there twice!

I'll update the box tomorrow, it's really late where by late I mean early. Clue to follow!

07-26-2005 at 08:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Clue 1: On September 12, 2001, Danny found himself in a serious jam. He needed to get from his home in Sacramento California to his girlfriend Sarah in Albany N.Y. Normally this wouldn't have been a problem, but all air traffic in the United States had been grounded.

"Alright," Danny thought to himself, "I can drive there." So Danny called up his girlfriend in Albany to let her know he was coming, except her brother Richard picked up the phone instead. Richard never did like Danny, ever since he started dating Sarah. Danny always thought it was a little bit petty, but Richard will be Richard. How he ever became a police officer is beyond Danny's comprehension.

"You want to come visit Sarah?" Richard asked rhetorically. "Alright, but I'm going to make it hard for you. I've told law enforcement in every State to be on the lookout for you. They're going to report in to me when they see you, and it's going to cost you $200 for every State you go through to get here. If you don't have the money, you're not seeing her."

Richard hung up the phone before Danny could say anything. $200 per State? Danny opened up his wallet, then tried to remember how much money he had in the bank. Could he even afford that much? How few States could he go through on his way to Albany?

Click here for a much larger and unmarked map with which to plot your course.

07-27-2005 at 05:25 AM
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
OG#1: He goes through California, Oregon, Washington, up into Canada, all the way across, then down into New York. Four states, $800.

07-27-2005 at 05:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Maurog
OG#1: 1600$, 8 states passed:
California - Arizona - New Mexico - Oklahoma - Missouri - Kentucky - West Virginia - Pennsylvania - New York

07-27-2005 at 07:59 AM
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
OG#1: He drives his car into a ship in California and travels by sea all the way to New York. Two states - 200$

Reposting because of the editing rule, I didn't catch quick enough
07-27-2005 at 08:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
Maurog wrote:
OG#1: 1600$, 8 states passed:
California - Arizona - New Mexico - Oklahoma - Missouri - Kentucky - West Virginia - Pennsylvania - New York
You guessed 9.

07-27-2005 at 08:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Maurog
Don't tell me that Danny gets charged for living in California! That's just... wrong.

07-27-2005 at 08:20 AM
Doom
You *could* count it too, because you still need to travel through California, but that's not essential. DiMono didn't ask the cost, but the amount of states you need to pass through.

[Last edited by Doom at 07-27-2005 08:27 AM]
07-27-2005 at 08:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Maurog
Well, let's play the fool to be on the safe side:

OG#2: Visiting 9 states total:

OG#3: Passing through 7 states on the way from California to New York:

Mwahahahahaha, I'm gonna lose anyway :D

07-27-2005 at 08:39 AM
DiMono
Doom wrote:
OG#1: He drives his car into a ship in California and travels by sea all the way to New York. Two states - 200$

Reposting because of the editing rule, I didn't catch quick enough
Wow, this puzzle lasted less time than I thought it would. You people are all far too smart for my own good, you know that?

Choose your fate, Doom.

07-27-2005 at 09:24 AM
Doom
I'll pick...
Click here to view the secret text

07-27-2005 at 09:27 AM
DiMono
It's another P. You now have two Ps. ...take it as you will. You can still get CA for a DROD hat or MA for a Map of the Eighth, but now you'll still have a P left over after you do it.

Clue to come soon!

07-27-2005 at 04:01 PM
DiMono
Clue 1:
"I get to go, I get to go!" Jimmy was yelling right in his friend Jack's ear. Jack stepped away and cleared his ear out with his finger, then turned toward his friend.

"Get to go where?"

"I'm going to see my favourite rock group on friday!" Jimmy replied.

"Really? Who?"

"I call them 'The Dudes'."

"And what does everyone else call them?"

"Do I look like everyone else? I don't know."

"...So who's in the band?" asked Jack.

"A bunch of dead guys."

"They're all dead?"

"Yep. Cool, huh?"
What band is Jimmy going to see?

07-28-2005 at 04:27 PM
The Stew Boy
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 247
OG#1: A rubber band
OG#2: A rock band with rocks as its members
07-28-2005 at 10:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mouse
Rank Points: 246
OG1: Mt Rushmore
07-28-2005 at 11:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
OG #1: Grateful Dead
07-29-2005 at 04:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Mouse wrote:
OG1: Mt Rushmore
Very good! Remember folks, there are other types of bands than musical bands. Mouse, choose your square!

07-29-2005 at 05:50 AM
Mouse
Rank Points: 246
I'd like box number 7 please.
08-01-2005 at 08:41 PM
DiMono
That 7 wins you an M!!! For Mouse! ...or Mississippi! Now you can win a Map of the 8th if you find AP, or a DROD mug if you can find UG. I'll update the prize box image in just a few minutes, and the next puzzle will come shortly!

08-02-2005 at 04:31 AM
dreamisle
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 23
Sorry to bump this after more than a week, but I was wondering, is this game gonna continue or is it done and over with?

08-12-2005 at 02:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DiMono
As soon as I have a puzzle I feel is worth posting, it'll go in here and the game will continue. After all, how fun is a puzzle that's solved before you get to it?

08-12-2005 at 03:52 AM
DiMono
Puzzle: A man found himself wandering in the hot sun, unaware of his location. The day was getting late, and he was running out of time. He knew which way North was, but he didn't know which direction he should be walking in. If he couldn't find a water source soon, he'd surely perish.

In his time of need, he saw a vulture circling overhead. He came upon an old man with a jar stand, and a car tucked beneath two reed leafs. The old man took a look at the lost man from his vantage point on his wicker stool, and handed him a loaf. "Take my car," the old man said, "I shan't be needing it ever again."

The lost man nodded, and got in the car. He looked at the gas guage: only a quarter tank left. If he picked the wrong direction to drive in, he'd be a goner for sure. After a few moments of thought, he confidently drove North.

Why?

08-15-2005 at 07:51 AM
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460
#OG1: North is downhill
#OG2: He's delusional. I mean, he's seeing strange old men with cars in reed leaves. So he's heading north because the eggplant printed out a multi-directional walrus.
#OG3: He's at the South Pole, and thus can't help but go north. He can hollow out the loaf, fill it with snow and turn on the car's heater. As he drives along, the snow will melt, providing soggy bread from which water can be obtained. Huzzah!
08-15-2005 at 08:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
#OG1: There are car tracks (or a road) leading to the north.
#OG2: There's a map in the car.
#OG3: He found water in the house, because you needed water to make bread.

[Edit: Just as I finished the post I realised what the solution was. Guess I'll have to wait for another few hours? Duh!]

[Last edited by Tim at 08-15-2005 11:06 AM]
08-15-2005 at 11:04 AM
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
OG #1: The car is named 'North'.
08-15-2005 at 11:10 AM
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
OG#1: He spotted a river/water source to the north.

08-15-2005 at 01:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
<<10111213
Page 14 of 24
15161718>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : The Prize Box (A contest for prizes!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com