Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Orbs and Doors in the editor
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Abbyzzmal
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 348
IP: Logged
icon Orbs and Doors in the editor (0)  
So, I'm not sure how this works in the new version, but I was playing around in the editor today, making orb puzzles, and there were some aspects to the process that seemed as if they could be more intuitive.

For instance, when you have a large yellow door and you attribute orbs to it, and then you separate it into multiple yellow doors, only one of the resulting yellow doors will retain the commands you have given it while others become brand new doors, fresh and virginal.

Since I could not quite determine the logic that determined which part of the door held on to the same commands, it seems to me that it would be more useful for all parts of the original door to be effected in the same way by the original orbs.

Also, is there a way to move an orb and have it retain the information about what it does? For a door, you can put more door next to it and then delete, starting from an edge and working inward. Since orbs obviously don't connect to things, there is no analogous process, but is there some way, or does each orb have to be reprogrammed individually?

One more feature request, related to the first complaint: Attaching doors to doors, in terms of the commands given to each door by orbs. Some means to make two doors that are not physically connected have the same commands by clicking on one door and then on another would make certain types of rooms much easier to click out than in the current system.

These are the only things that come to mind just now, since this aspect of room-making was the only semi-major annoyance I've had with the editor. And of course, if it isn't changed, it's still not that great a tragedy, as it only makes certain types of room more difficult to create. Likely, many rooms that should never be created in the first place. Anyway, what do you think?

[Edited by Abbyzzmal at Local Time:03-20-2005 at 04:42 AM]
03-20-2005 at 04:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5064
IP: Logged
icon Re: Orbs and Doors in the editor (0)  
Abbyzzmal wrote:
Also, is there a way to move an orb and have it retain the information about what it does?
Yes, you can click and drag orbs, scrolls, and level entrances around the room in the JtRH editor without having to redefine them. I'll think about how to implement your other ideas.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
03-20-2005 at 06:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Orbs and Doors in the editor
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com