Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Screensavers and Fullscreen (Screensaver should be disabled when running fullscreen under linux)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
md5i
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 109
IP: Logged
icon Screensavers and Fullscreen (0)  
I don't want to be nitpicky, but this is a problem that has come up several times on my own machine in the past week, several times leading to the loss of hours of DROD progress. I just want to make sure the issue is addressed in JtRH, if possible.

When running in fullscreen mode, DROD grabs the input. It does such a good job of this, the screensaver never notices the events, and activates after its usual timeout. This would be merely annoying save for the other problem. When going to screensaver, DROD moves out of fullscreen mode. In some rare circumstances, when the screensaver is deactivated, DROD is no longer the foreground application. As such, it does not return to fullscreen. On the other hand, the cursor movement and keyboard are still locked by DROD. Sounds strange, but this has happened to me several times at this point. As a result, I generally have to kill drod or X11, either of which fails to save my current progress.

It would be very nice if DROD were modified to disable the screensaver when in fullscreen mode. I did some initial research, and libss might help save you. Or at least, give you some ideas.

03-11-2005 at 10:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Screensavers and Fullscreen (Screensaver should be disabled when running fullscreen under linux)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com