Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Level 15
Page 1 of 2
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
mrclean99ca
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 15
IP: Logged
icon Level 15 (0)  
I\'m stuck again. I just cannot figure out room twice west(48,1550), and room once north -thrice west(47,1549).I\'ve redid all the other rooms a bunch of times, but these two have me stumped. HELP me PLEASE.Thanks much.
02-11-2003 at 05:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1721
icon Re: Level 15 (0)  
1N 3W is one of the harder rooms in the game. I had forgotten about it...pushed it out of my mind. Anyway, use as little space as you can, and start from the far left and work your way right and up. Make sure to only use one entrance space per time. The first three entrances, and orbs, should be no problem. Good luck for the next 3. For 2W, you probably have one Wraithwing left when you get to the big rectangle of trapdoors, right? If not, you should.
Click here to view the secret text

02-11-2003 at 07:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
Twice West or 15(-02,00) is not very easy. Here are one or two hints:

Kill as many wraithwings as you can before stepping on any trapdoors (It stops ambushes from too many monsters).

When you reach the evil eyes, you should find that only a few wraithwings are left. Try to get them on the same row/column as you to kill them (Remember that they only move diagonally if they are one or more squares left or right from you).

Finally to dispatch the last one, again, align yourself and it on the column with the single wall tile next to the trap doors. (Stepping diagonally helps a lot).

Err... about Once North, Thrice West... I cannot help you very much on this one because I did not actually visit it at all (In fact, I did not even complete Twice South, Twice West, 15(-02,-02) and still managed to finish the level).

02-11-2003 at 11:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Scott
Rank Points: 578
Twice west has me stuck. I have been trying to do what you said with the last wraith but try as I might I can\'t line it up.
02-12-2003 at 01:19 AM
Korgath
Rank Points: 23
Ok, I actually went back and beat 2x west just for you.

I guess I\'ll just kinda write out what I did. Major spoilers inside

Hope this helps!

Edited to make it hidden

[Edited by Korgath on 02-12-2003 at 12:38 AM GMT]

[Edited by Korgath on 02-12-2003 at 12:38 AM GMT]
02-12-2003 at 08:37 AM
Scott
Rank Points: 578
Thanks 15 now complete.
02-13-2003 at 04:12 AM
pd7899
I've been having trouble with this room and I just can't seem to get that last wraith and still be able to clear all the tiles up. Can someone give me more specific directions on how to move and where when you get to the Square of tiles below the red door with the block that you are all talking about that you get the wraith stuck under. I have gotten him stuck under the block several times but I just am not moving right on the tiles because I can't clear them all up. Any suggestions. Let me know. Pd7899 Thanks ;)
05-01-2003 at 07:47 AM
bdcribbs
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 390
Yes this is hard, I died 25 times and worked for 5 hours before I conquered it my first time through.

When I had one wraith left, going down to the trapdoors on the SW,

05-01-2003 at 08:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
pd7899
Thank you bdcribbs.... Finally I'm on to more rooms on level 15. Thanks a bunch for the specific directions.

Pd7899
:D
05-05-2003 at 06:11 AM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
Wow... I just discovered I didn't solve either of these rooms (in fact, I didn't even visit One north thrice west, as I didn't solve one north once west).

Apparently it's possible to leave level 15 without doing quite a bit of the rooms. In any case, I now need to revisit the level and actually solve all of it... (I'm pretty sure I did back in Webfoot days, but I can't be 100% certain until I solve it all now).

05-05-2003 at 02:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
easycyan
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
I'm stuck in room 1s2w :huh :huh :huh
06-15-2003 at 09:21 PM
krammer
Rank Points: 904
1s2w is one of the hardest rooms in the game, puzzle-wise. First of all, work out which order you need to open the orbs, then...

It's very hard to actually give hints for this room. I think there may be another post somewhere on here, but you'll have to go back a fair way to find it.

"Oook!"
06-16-2003 at 11:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Screw pencil and paper -

Matt

06-16-2003 at 02:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tom Bombadil
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
Hey!
I'm REALLY stuck in level 15, twice west.
Can anybody post a demo with the solution.

It's the second time I'm through the game, and I don't know how I did it!

PLEASE, HELP!

lol
11-03-2003 at 05:52 PM
krammer
Rank Points: 904
A demo? Oh, come on. It takes all the fun out of it... :)

I'm guessing you have most trouble with getting the last wraith.

There is a complete spoiler if you really need it further up this page, but try to get it by yourself first.

"Oook!"
11-03-2003 at 07:34 PM
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
This was one of my least favourite rooms in the game, a close second being most of level 23 and some other rooms on 15. Make sure you save a demo of the room, so when you go back to play the game another time if you really get stuck you can review

11-06-2003 at 09:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Stuwy
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 212
I still can't get that last darn wing!

in the last part of the room (where theres 2 paths to choose from) do you go all the way down then move SE a bit? im always off 2 spaces W of the wraith wing to line up to that block!
11-06-2003 at 10:52 PM
agaricus5
Stuwy wrote:
I still can't get that last darn wing!

in the last part of the room (where theres 2 paths to choose from) do you go all the way down then move SE a bit? im always off 2 spaces W of the wraith wing to line up to that block!
Keep going... you're on the right track!

11-06-2003 at 11:03 PM
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
From watching my victory demo:

Game on,

[Edited by Oneiromancer on 11-07-2003 at 01:04 AM GMT]

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
11-06-2003 at 11:38 PM
Stuwy
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 212
Thank you Oneiromancer, I was working on that room for a while but I found a slightly different way from your demo thats more accurate:

11-07-2003 at 12:25 AM
agaricus5
Stuwy wrote:
Really?

I have always done it with one Wraithwing left at the end, never with two. Maybe this should be a new challenge.

11-07-2003 at 12:26 AM
Oneiromancer
Ooops...I meant two squares SW as the last move, I fixed the text accordingly for future readers.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
11-07-2003 at 01:05 AM
shanka108
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 31
okay I understand the principle here. I used to be able to get down to one wrath but now seem to end up with two all the time.
If i line them up as Oneironmancer suggests, my back is at the bottom of that set of traps and after killing wraiths, have no way to complete lower right section and get out!!!!! backing up two spaces instead of three after the first 1-SW move does not line up two, rather they are side by side. guess I gotta get down to one wraith again but can't seem to do it on top of tee
11-11-2003 at 04:33 PM
shanka108
Rank Points: 31
well finally got down to one wrath again, killed em as suggested only to bumble my escape and strand myself. Gonna go nuts yet.
well try # 3000 coming up. thanks for hints.

i did have new way of saving game by saving dat file before any critical moves but doesn't seem to work in this room..restores to last position even if I reload saved dat file before problem
11-11-2003 at 04:54 PM
Viper
Rank Points: 33
Once South, Once West. How, Why?

I can't get the mimics to behave, as I see it you have to use them both at the same time due the orb shutting the doors and not being able to place mimics on trapdoor or yellow squares. After that their moves are just incompatible.
01-09-2004 at 03:58 PM
Oneiromancer
1S 1W has no mimics. It looks like you are talking about 1S 3W. Follow this link to find some previous advice on the subject.

Game on,

01-09-2004 at 04:07 PM
tima
Rank Points: 28
zex20913 wrote:
1N 3W is one of the harder rooms in the game. I had forgotten about it...pushed it out of my mind. Anyway, use as little space as you can, and start from the far left and work your way right and up. Make sure to only use one entrance space per time. The first three entrances, and orbs, should be no problem. Good luck for the next 3. For 2W, you probably have one Wraithwing left when you get to the big rectangle of trapdoors, right? If not, you should.

I want to thank you. Not for the hint, but for saying it's really hard, thus encouraging me to do it all alone. And I got it after about three tries. So thanks :)
01-16-2007 at 09:13 PM
Chimerix
Rank Points: 41
Ok, I know I'm reviving an old thread, and I've seen other users get scolded for doing so, but the rules clearly say:
1. If you need help for a specific room, click on the "Get Help For a Room" button and follow the prompts to select the room in question. Try to use the existing topics, if any, before starting a new topic. (Reviving old threads is completely appropriate on the Hints and Solutions Board.)

I've cleared several rooms, but apparently managed to take them out of order, and have found myself "trapped" in a position where I have to re-complete rooms in order to get to the ones I've not conquered yet. The monsters are all dead, but the red doors have gone back up. Which is pretty humbug in a couple of these rooms!

Is this normal? Do I really have to clear the trapdoors in these devilishly difficult puzzles a second time just to complete the level, then a third time to make it to the level exit?

12-13-2013 at 03:10 AM
mrimer
Rank Points: 5056
Sure, it's perfectly fine to ask more questions in old hint threads.

In good ol' KDD, I recall that, unfortunately, yes, you have to redo those trapdoor rooms if you take a wrong path through the rooms in the level. I guess it's a kind of "trapdoor meta-puzzle" Erik and friends put together. Might be easier to restore game back a room and go a different direction if that helps you avoid the pain of redoing a multi-room path.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 12-13-2013 04:55 AM]
12-13-2013 at 04:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chimerix
Rank Points: 41
mrimer wrote:
Might be easier to restore game back a room and go a different direction if that helps you avoid the pain of redoing a multi-room path.

Like, back to the level 12 warp room, for example? ;)

12-14-2013 at 12:10 AM
Page 1 of 2
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Level 15
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com