Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Journey to Rooted Hold Trivia (Win Mod Points by Paying Attention!)
Page 2 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
IP: Logged
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold Trivia (0)  
Can I have a chocolate chip muffin? :)
Oneiromancer wrote:
The Slayer doesn't really count as a monster...if he did, then so would Halph.
Also it calls the slayer in the page where it explains about the game and the cool new stuff, it calls the slayer an enemy and halph an ally.

[Edited by rowrow at Local Time:02-17-2005 at 05:14 PM]

02-17-2005 at 05:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Seems to me like you answered first after all!

I offered to add the rank points since I have an infinite number so it's no big deal to apply them. I can add them directly too if necessary (but it looks cooler to have the big +10).

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
02-17-2005 at 05:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3226
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold Trivia (+1)  
Ookay. I knew what was wrong after you said that something was wrong but I didn't get a chance to correct it.

Brains confused me a little with Seep movement rules. They are different from roaches after all with brains in the room...
And I had missed the thing about unbrained golems moving like unbrained wubbas. That would've made it easier in the beginning.

Anyway:
The list of monsters:
----old ones----
[1] Roach
[2] Roach Queen
[3] Evil Eye
[4] Wraithwing
[5] Spider
[6] Tar baby
[7] Tar mother
[8] Serpent
[9] Goblin
[10] Brain
----new ones----
[11] Rock Golem
[12] The Seep
[13] Rattlesnake
[14] Wubba
[15 - 17] ?????

(I'm assuming that Slayer and Neather doesn't count as monsters in the count)

[Edited by Doom at Local Time:02-17-2005 at 06:10 PM: how can someone forget a wubba?!]
02-17-2005 at 05:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
Don't forget the Wubba.

02-17-2005 at 05:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
I think I heard once that one of them is a runner. or ruiner. Is that true?

02-17-2005 at 05:48 PM
Oneiromancer
Doom got all the ones that are public knowledge. We're not going to give away the ones that are still unknown, so speculation is best left for another thread. :)

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
02-17-2005 at 05:58 PM
Oneiromancer
Doom wrote:
Brains confused me a little with Seep movement rules. They are different from roaches after all with brains in the room...

Can you link to me where that is said? As far as I understand they still move like brained roaches when there is a brain around...notwithstanding being confined to walls.

Game on,

02-17-2005 at 06:00 PM
DiMono
In the Ask Questions thread someone specifically says The Seep moves exactly like a Roach.

And just to point something out, I didn't ask for a list of monsters, I asked how many new monsters there were, given the information you already have.

02-17-2005 at 06:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
2. Do seeps use roach behaviour? What about brained seeps? They can never reach Beethro unless he's standing right next to wall.
Seeps use roach behavior. Brained seeps are a bit more difficult to describe but basically try to reach the point on the wall closest to Beethro.
Well alright. It seems to be basically the same after all. But Brains affect Seeps even if they don't have a path to Beethro.

And the new monsters are right there below the old ones. You can easily count them.

[Edited by Doom at Local Time:02-17-2005 at 06:09 PM]
02-17-2005 at 06:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
AlefBet
Rank Points: 979
Oneiromancer wrote:
Doom wrote:

Can you link to me where that is said? As far as I understand they still move like brained roaches when there is a brain around...notwithstanding being confined to walls.
We had to make accomodations for brained seep since the AE pathmap doesn't go through walls. That's part of the reason Seep move a bit differently than brained roaches. I think this was mentioned publicly somewhere (and I think I said it), but I'm not sure.

++Adam H. Peterson
02-17-2005 at 06:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
rowrow
It was luck that I won so I will give everyone a prize

02-17-2005 at 06:13 PM
Oneiromancer
AlefBet wrote:
We had to make accomodations for brained seep since the AE pathmap doesn't go through walls. That's part of the reason Seep move a bit differently than brained roaches. I think this was mentioned publicly somewhere (and I think I said it), but I'm not sure.

Ah, okay. In practice, I don't think anyone will be misled by assuming that brained Seeps will just go straight for you. I just picture it like a horde of roaches straining against the edge of a force arrow wall pointing into them...except, of course, if you step on the edge then the Seep will get you.

Game on,

02-17-2005 at 06:33 PM
rowrow
Is runner one of them?
matt said here:
I kinda like the runners, who are a series of characters you'll meet later.
If not, what is a runner?

02-17-2005 at 06:41 PM
Stefan
Rank Points: 2119
Mattcrampy wrote:
I kinda like the runners, who are a series of characters you'll meet later.

02-17-2005 at 06:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Characters are part of the scripting options. This is part of the story.

Game on,

[Edited by Oneiromancer at Local Time:02-17-2005 at 07:04 PM]

02-17-2005 at 07:04 PM
rowrow
Oh. I thought he meant a character as a monster. Sorry. Pretty funny too. :)

02-17-2005 at 07:27 PM
DiMono
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold Trivia (+2)  
Inspired by the enthusiasm of the first set of questions, here are 20 more! For the sake of fairness, they're not going to be revealed immediately, but as soon as the time is up it's game on! Speaking of "game on", since Oneiromancer was so keen on offering his services for prize distribution for the last quiz, I'm going to let him handle the 10 mod point award this time. I'm just that nice a guy. :D

1) Name the three room styles.
2) What makes Stone Golems unique?
3) What colour are Rattlesnakes?
4) How many types of potions are in JtRH?
5) How many types of door/gate are there?
6) What colour is a Wubba?
7) What does Beethro use to count turns?
8) Who did he get it from?
9) How long does your CaravelNet subscription last?
10) Are holds made in JtRH that only use DROD:AE elements backwards-compatible with DROD:AE?
11) How many different characters are in the game?
12) Can you place Orthogonal Squares on pits?
13) Where can The Seep move?
14) Can you cut a fuse with your sword?
15) Are obstacles (pillars) limited to 2x2 size?
16) Will The Slayer appear in the demo version?
17) What is The Slayer's unique ability?
18) How many songs are in JtRH?
19) Room(s) from what level of King Dugan's Dungeon make an appearance in the JtRH official hold?
20) What is the new room-type?

Best of luck!

02-17-2005 at 09:03 PM
Oneiromancer
Ick...4 AM Pacific Time on a Saturday. I'm glad that edits have time stamps, because there's no way I'll be watching this as it goes on. Maybe by noon I'll check the posts...

Game on,

02-17-2005 at 09:33 PM
DiMono
Hey, gotta give the mixed-up folks in the western hemisphere a chance too.

02-17-2005 at 10:15 PM
rowrow
I think this is dimono giving us the news that JTRH is finished. He was picked since he is special and that quiz is to throw us off.

02-18-2005 at 04:30 PM
Krishh
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 282
I would think that The Grand Audition is a pretty stable counterargument to that, rowrow.
02-18-2005 at 04:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
I thought it's ready when it's at 100%. Just keep waiting.
02-18-2005 at 04:41 PM
rowrow
Maybe in a day or 2 it will go to 99 and after the contest it will go to 100%

02-18-2005 at 05:14 PM
DiMono
rowrow wrote:
I think this is dimono giving us the news that JTRH is finished. He was picked since he is special and that quiz is to throw us off.
I cannot comment on the progress of JtRH, but I can leave you this cryptic message to decode:

Beethro Wraithwing Slayer Budkin Bumblebee Tuna.

02-19-2005 at 01:14 AM
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460
Two of the new monsters are Bumblebees and Tuna?

hmmmm....
02-19-2005 at 01:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Krishh
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 282
Click here to view the secret text

Hopefully thats all correct, I'm sure about most of it.

02-19-2005 at 01:02 PM
Doom
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold Trivia (+10)  
I'm not 100% sure about one or two of them but hopefully I'm lucky :)

02-19-2005 at 01:13 PM
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
First of all...thank goodness for Firefox's tabbed browsing!

[Edited by gamer_extreme_101 at Local Time:02-19-2005 at 02:45 PM]

02-19-2005 at 02:02 PM
Oneiromancer
A Winner is Doom! Congratulations!

Game on,

02-19-2005 at 07:46 PM
wackhead_uk
Rank Points: 352
About those missing monsters....I just realised on this picture that there is another type of monster. Look by Beethro.
02-20-2005 at 02:22 PM
Page 2 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Journey to Rooted Hold Trivia (Win Mod Points by Paying Attention!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com