Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Ability to Send Email even when option disabled.
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
gamer_extreme_101
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1939
IP: Logged
icon Ability to Send Email even when option disabled. (+5)  
If you go to the Member List page, you will find that every person has an email link next to their profile link...even if they don't check the option to all users to send email. I tested it myself by disabling email, and I was able to send myself an email when I shouldn't have been able to. I'm not sure whether this is a bug or a feature, but I thought that I'd point it out anyways.

02-14-2005 at 09:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: Ability to Send Email even when option disabled. (0)  
I think you found a bug there. If you have disabled e-mail, there shouldn't be any way to contact someone by e-mail.

-Erik

02-14-2005 at 09:25 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5413
icon Re: Ability to Send Email even when option disabled. (+1)  
Eek... nice catch. Fixed.

02-14-2005 at 09:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
icon Re: Ability to Send Email even when option disabled. (-1)  
I found that a long time ago. I mean really long ago. But I never got around to posting it.

02-15-2005 at 02:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Ability to Send Email even when option disabled.
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com