Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : StarCraft - Brood War (The best RTS I've played in awhile.)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
NiroZ
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1302
IP: Logged
icon Re: StarCraft - Brood War (0)  
rowrow wrote:
No that's the second last mission on brood wars.
I'm talking about 2 missions on the original.
I checked on wikipedia and it mentioned them(the disabled missions), it just doesnt say how to play them. Barely any sites mention them at all, and i couldnt find any that actually said how to do it. Here is the page that talks about em and tells you how it goes : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StarCraft_Hidden_Missions.
Anone know how to play them?

These missions are hidden on older StarCraft installation CDs and must be extracted with MPQ viewing software.

I suggest you read that article you linked to, its got loads of info and goodies.
08-23-2006 at 01:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
NiroZ wrote:
These missions are hidden on older StarCraft installation CDs and must be extracted with MPQ viewing software.
Other than that, it doesnt say how to obtain them.
Excuse me if I am not a computer expert, but what the heck is mpq viewing software? Where can I get it?

08-23-2006 at 05:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
MPQ is the internal format used by Blizzard in their games. Google for "MPQ Viewing software" to find a bunch of links, though I'm not sure how trustworthy they all are.

Note that I think you need an early version of StarCraft to be able to get the files, later releases might not have them.

08-23-2006 at 07:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
Apperantly I have it!
I looked all over the internet for files, programs and things and finally...
I found out how to get them!
Anyone who wants instructions on how to do it( If they have the right cd) they can just pm me and the next time I am on, hopefully, I can help them.
I just love these kinds of things. Like the 3 hidden rooms in kdd. Just those were no way nearly as hard to get as these.

[Last edited by rowrow at 08-23-2006 08:51 PM]
08-23-2006 at 08:49 PM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : StarCraft - Brood War (The best RTS I've played in awhile.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com