Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : The City of Damage (A Hold (almost) completed)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Dali
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 174
IP: Logged

File: The City of Damage.hold (10.6 KB)
Downloaded 135 times.
License: Other
icon The City of Damage (+4)  
Here's My new hold.
I have'nt try every rooms, but normally it's possible. :yes Enjoy it and tell the bad points.
02-05-2005 at 02:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3226

File: TCoD The City 3S Victory.demo (936 bytes)
Downloaded 53 times.
icon Re: The City of Damage (+1)  
Overall this hold is looking great. Some rooms like 1S and 2S could use a checkpoint or two.

Some specific room comments: (I've not played all rooms yet)

Entrance: When I try a new Architect's hold, the first room tells usually a lot about the quality. Not extremely special but it showed that the hold isn't just some crap ;)

1E: I almost got bored in the second room. Fortunately I didn't. Quite boring room because there's only slashing through tar and that's pretty much about it. I see you added a demo of this room to your hold. That's also a nice thing. You don't see too many of these and it tells that you've actually played (at least partially) through your hold.

2E: I didn't really like this room but that's only because I've seen/played so many variations of this room lately that it just didn't keep me interested anymore. No comments about this one.

1S: This room could use a checkpoint at the lower part of the room.
Propably unintentional:
You can lead the first queen to the orb on the trapdoor area and kill it there. There are few unused orbs if you kill it there. The second part is really intersting. I wasn't sure how to do it but eventually I did it by
Click here to view the secret text
Was that how it's supposed to be done? If you understood what I was saying...

2S: Nice room but I skipped to next room after taking a misstep in the halfway. May I suggest a checkpoint somewhere in this room?

2S1E: Pretty ordinary queen slashing. Nothing interesting to say about it.

3S: Unintended solution
I attached my demo because it's a bit difficult to explain otherwise. I didn't hit about half of the orbs in the room.

2S2E, 3S1E and rooms I've not visited: Not tried yet.
02-05-2005 at 04:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dali
icon Re: The City of Damage (0)  
Thank for testing my small hold. You was totally right about 3S.
I will have to modify this room.And for 1S: Your way to solve the room was totally correct! The other orbs was created just for more 'stucking' guys who didn't find the solution.
There is too much tar because I was going to create a Dungeon with 5 levels, and this one were the 4th, and named 'Tar sectionds' Thank you again.

those who wants to play the hold, wait a little bit until I modify it.
''You know, if my english is bad, is because I'm tunisian''. :blush
02-05-2005 at 05:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Stefan
Rank Points: 2119

File: TCoD The City 3S Victory.demo (915 bytes)
Downloaded 47 times.
Doom wrote:
Overall this hold is looking great. Some rooms like 1S and 2S could use a checkpoint or two.
I'll second that.

Some specific room comments: (I've played all completable rooms)

Entrance: Not really important, but you can kill the serpent with one of the eyes in the middle.

1E: A bit repetitive.

2E: Also a bit repetitive.

1S: I also think this room could use a checkpoint at the lower part of the room.
Propably unintentional:
You can lead the first queen to the orb on the trapdoor area and kill it there. There are few unused orbs if you kill it there.
This is how I did it too, but then I

1S2E: I never used the easternmost orb. Was that intentional?

2S1W: I'm assuming that the NW orb should open the NW door, but instead it closes it. This makes the room impossible to solve.

2S: A checkpoint somewhere would be nice.

2S1E: Again, a checkpoint could be placed somewhere.

2S2E: You can't leave the southern area once you've entered. This makes the room impossible.

3S:
Unintended solution
I attached my demo because it's a bit difficult to explain otherwise. I didn't hit about half of the orbs in the room.
You only need to hit one orb to complete the room. Demo attached.

3S1E: A nice efficiency puzzle. The part with the two tar-blobs can be done in 28 moves (perhaps less).

4S: Eeeww...

4S1E: This room really needs a checkpoint. Preferrably several.

02-05-2005 at 05:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
Stefan wroteYou only need to hit one orb to complete the room. Demo attached.
Yes, I knew that too but I submitted an earlier demo. Didn't bother changing it because it was only a small thing.
02-05-2005 at 05:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dali
:weep My hold is too easy and boring. I know, I really should make another one.
02-05-2005 at 05:15 PM
Stefan
Dali wrote:
:weep My hold is too easy and boring. I know, I really should make another one.
You should make another one, but not because this one's too easy, because it's not. It may be quite challenging for some people.

02-05-2005 at 05:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dali
<----
Hey, here's another hold. more funny and harder:
The hilly cave. Hey, Doom and stefan, Check this hold for me again. Thanks.

02-06-2005 at 03:37 PM
bandit1200
Rank Points: 290
Stefan -
3S1E: A nice efficiency puzzle. The part with the two tar-blobs can be done in 28 moves (perhaps less).

I am always at least 1 move short on this one and don't seem to be able to kill the eye in time. I am either losing moves clearing the second tar blob, or when moving south after clearing the tar. Any tips please?
02-11-2005 at 01:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Stefan
bandit1200 wrote:
I am always at least 1 move short on this one and don't seem to be able to kill the eye in time.
Well, maybe you should

02-11-2005 at 02:54 PM
bandit1200
Rank Points: 290
Stefan wrote:
bandit1200 wrote:
I am always at least 1 move short on this one and don't seem to be able to kill the eye in time.
Well, maybe you should

Hmm, I'm still going wrong somewhere.

02-12-2005 at 10:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : The City of Damage (A Hold (almost) completed)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com