Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Twins!
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
IP: Logged
icon Twins! (0)  
Ever thought that there was a user that had your style? Posted similar to you? Or maybe looked like you Well I have one : Wackhead_uk. For some reason (This might be a dream)I always thought he looked like me. And I always picture Eytanz looks like
Agaricus. But once Eytanz said that I am garicus's Evil Twin.At least I think that is what he said.
So which user, do you picture,looks like you?

01-02-2005 at 11:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1838
icon Re: Twins! (0)  
rowrow wrote:
Ever thought that there was a user that had your style? Posted similar to you? Or maybe looked like you Well I have one : Wackhead_uk. For some reason (This might be a dream)I always thought he looked like me.

Well, if you find the picture of him somewhere on the Anything Board (although it is depicting him with tomato ketchup smeared on his face), you could make a comparison and see if you're right.

And I always picture Eytanz looks like Agaricus.
That's quite amusing. However, I seriously don't think that Eytan is of Oriental origin (although I could be wrong), and even if he was, the chance that he would look like me would be extremely small. I also don't think I have exactly the same posting style as Eytan does, but perhaps I'm too jaded to be accurate.

But once Eytanz said that I am garicus's Evil Twin.At least I think that is what he said.
I have no recall of such a statement ever being made of a comparison between Eytan and myself by anyone, and it's such a personal comment that I'm sure I'd have remembered it very clearly if it had been made, so I don't think such a comment exists. Plus, why would Eytan be my evil twin? If you look at our posts in detail, I'm sure you would notice the fundamental differences in our tastes, knowledge and personalities.

So which user, do you picture,looks like you?
I have no idea. This forum has so many unique personalities that I can't think of any two that I'd picture as the same.

[Edited by agaricus5 at Local Time:01-03-2005 at 12:36 AM]

01-03-2005 at 12:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
here is where it says that I (rowrow) Am your (Agaricus's) Evil Twin.
In his (Eytanz's) words:
eytanz wrote:
Agaricus, who is practically rowrow's evil twin (except that they're not twins and he's not evil).

[Edited by rowrow at Local Time:01-03-2005 at 01:49 AM]

01-03-2005 at 01:47 AM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: Twins! (+1)  
agaricus5 wrote:
rowrow wrote:
And I always picture Eytanz looks like Agaricus.
That's quite amusing. However, I seriously don't think that Eytan is of Oriental origin (although I could be wrong), and even if he was, the chance that he would look like me would be extremely small. I also don't think I have exactly the same posting style as Eytan does, but perhaps I'm too jaded to be accurate.

There's a picture of me on my website ( http://homepages.nyu.edu/%7Eez255/ ). I'm pretty Caucasian looking.

I don't think that I have the same posting style as Agaricus, either, though I consider the comparison a compliment as I have a lot o respect for Agaricus's postings. Of course, it's natural that the two of us notice the differences in our beliefs/styles more than other people's, just like sometimes I read a post and then get confused as to who it was by (in the dev team boards, where programming is concerned, I always forget if Mike or Adam wrote something, then I look and see it was Schik).

An easy way to tell Agaricus and me apart is that I'm the one stuck on level 6 of Bavato's dungeon.

But once Eytanz said that I am garicus's Evil Twin.At least I think that is what he said.

Well, that was a joke - it was in a part of the poster prediction thread where people were making jokey intros, and I used that as a segway between you and Argaricus that has no deeper meaning than that.

[Edited by eytanz at Local Time:01-03-2005 at 02:16 AM]

01-03-2005 at 02:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
agaricus5 wrote:
rowrow wrote:
Ever thought that there was a user that had your style? Posted similar to you? Or maybe looked like you Well I have one : Wackhead_uk. For some reason (This might be a dream)I always thought he looked like me.

Well, if you find the picture of him somewhere on the Anything Board (although it is depicting him with tomato ketchup smeared on his face), you could make a comparison and see if you're right.
Where is it? What was the topic about? It is probably very funny. Can't wait to see it. :D

01-03-2005 at 02:29 AM
AlefBet
Rank Points: 979
icon Re: Twins! (+2)  
Well, if anyone wants to check if they look like me, go ahead. Actually, though, that's not the best shot of me. Here's a better one.

[Edited by AlefBet at Local Time:01-03-2005 at 04:37 AM]

++Adam H. Peterson
01-03-2005 at 04:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
rowrow
I can't find that picture! Can you please post a link.

01-03-2005 at 02:51 PM
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
rowrow wrote:
I can't find that picture! Can you please post a link.
This is the thread in question:

http://www.drod.net/forum/viewtopic.php?TopicID=4248.

And, just for the record, I look nothing like Eytan. :)

I do, however, have a similar sentiment towards Eytan's postings, and since this has been brought up, I have to admit that my own posting quality has been much improved (from what it used to be) in part by reading and being exposed to his posts.

We should really have a DROD Convention at some time, so we can meet each other in person. When JtRH has been completed and released, and if it bcomes popular (as I'm sure it will), I think it would be a really cool idea to start organising one.

01-03-2005 at 03:21 PM
rowrow
http://www.drod.net/forum/viewtopic.php?TopicID=4248
OK cut that. I do not look like him. But its hard to tell since you can't see most of his face. :D

01-03-2005 at 03:43 PM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
Adam's my sidekick. Actually, I'm his sidekick. I guess we're both each other's sidekicks. Except that I don't look as cool as James T. Jones or William Earl Shatner.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
01-03-2005 at 06:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
I actually have a twin. And I actually have my photo in my avatar!

01-03-2005 at 08:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
If I had to say, I'd probably have something similar to Mattcrampy. I don't know why either. Perhaps because we both seem to make a joke at everything we write. Now THAT'S a real talent.

Edit:
agaricus5 wrote:We should really have a DROD Convention at some time, so we can meet each other in person. When JtRH has been completed and released, and if it bcomes popular (as I'm sure it will), I think it would be a really cool idea to start organising one.
Agreed. Heck, let's just head to Erik's basement for the party! I'm sure Matt won't mind...

Failing that, I'd invite everyone to head to my house on a weekend. My parents won't mind...until I tell them there are about 200 active members. Worst case is that we head to the huge field about half a block away while I stream internet wirelessly from my house. Good fun!

[Edited by gamer_extreme_101 at Local Time:01-04-2005 at 01:03 AM]

01-03-2005 at 10:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
Rank Points: 352
I assimilated my evil twin into my own body with my death ray, actually. He was too busy pressing flowers to notice...

They said I was the evil one, but I proved them.
01-07-2005 at 09:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
I just realised that my full name is anagram of Erik's full name except for 2 letters. That can't be random ;)

[Edited by Doom at Local Time:02-10-2005 at 06:52 PM]
02-10-2005 at 06:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Twins!
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com