Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : The bar (Just a place to hang out)
Page 5 of 5
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Mattcrampy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2388
IP: Logged
icon Re: The bar (0)  
It would be neat if Caravel exhibited at E3, even though it'd be Mike and Erik going in all likelihood.

Matt

05-07-2005 at 09:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
Note to self: Stop staying up until 3AM.

This is your stupid fault, drod.net!

05-09-2005 at 11:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
RoboBob3000 wrote:

You have no idea how often I could say that...
05-09-2005 at 11:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
Me too. And then I regret it in the morning.

05-09-2005 at 02:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460
Ditto.
05-09-2005 at 03:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Wizerd
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
Same Here. I've been busted 3 times! I need Rehab

05-10-2005 at 12:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
icon Re: The bar (+1)  
RoboBob3000 wrote:

I don't usually regret it until the afternoon.

05-10-2005 at 12:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
stigant wrote:
RoboBob3000 wrote:

I don't usually regret it until the afternoon.
Interesting. I sometimes do all the regretting before I begin my 4-5 hour DROD session, since I end up too tired to worry about it after.

05-10-2005 at 12:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Malarame
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 220
When I stay up all night, it's usually because I've been procrastinating (like usual) and I end up starting a big project the night before it's due. But there have been those times when DROD kept me up until all hours of the morning... I don't usually regret those nights as much since I was having fun the whole time.

Incidently, this is my 500th post. Woo!

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception."
-Groucho Marx
05-10-2005 at 01:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
Rockstar Games sent me free swag! Check it out:

(That's the only hat I own that fits comfortably while I have little hair)

Oh, and the Diablo 2 game box was to the right of my computer monitor, just inside the house. I don't remember if it shows up in the video, which I actually didn't edit myself: The funny looking guy with the unhealthy amount of black hair did the editing and picked the music. He used Windows Movie Maker.

05-10-2005 at 05:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
uber-w00t!! I managed to get my computer back up and running! Turns out that it needed to rebuild it's "DMI pool data" (A screen where it had hung on), and it was fixed as easily as disabling the CPU cache and letting the thing boot.

Anyways, it's amazing how much you miss your computer, as being on another one is like borrowing a loaner car. WHile it's nice and it works, it's just not the same.

And for all the Linux-ers out there, have fun reading this article I found:

http://mail.nl.linux.org/humorix/1999-11/msg00009.html

Right now, I'm probably at the seventh stage, although I don't look forward to stage 8. :)

[Edited by gamer_extreme_101 at Local Time:05-11-2005 at 12:03 AM]

05-11-2005 at 12:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
How come Rockstar's sending you free swag? I want in on this scheme.

Matt

05-11-2005 at 02:02 AM
Malarame
Rank Points: 220
What's "swag"? Is it some Australian slang term?

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception."
-Groucho Marx
05-11-2005 at 03:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
God no, it's a real word. DiMono used it.

It means stuff, essentially.

05-11-2005 at 12:52 PM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
swag

2. Slang. Stolen property; loot.
4. Slang. Herbal tea in a plastic sandwich bag sold as marijuana to an unsuspecting customer.

[Edited by mrimer at Local Time:05-11-2005 at 06:02 PM]

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
05-11-2005 at 06:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
If you thought you hated those Blue Screens of Death...

I guess this is a shot of an early build of Longhorn (The next version of Windows). Well, at least it's good to know that Microsoft is enhancing one of it's clever innovations for the next release! :smartass:

05-11-2005 at 11:13 PM
Mattcrampy
Hey! I found a bug! In a bug!

'execution' is spelled wrong.

It's Microsoft quality!

05-12-2005 at 02:27 AM
MasterGiga
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 67
Hmm...just thought I'd drop by here tonight.

So, I'm just channel surfing at around 12:30 AM and I find the movie "Can't Hardly Wait." And yes, I watched it. You know, most of those college-bound teen movies were really bad, but this has got to be the better of them. Anyway, I like a nice comedy every now and then...when I'm taking a break from the games.

Hey, I have to go play...um, go to bed...no, play. I'll try to do the sleep thing at about 4 or 5 or sometime.

05-16-2005 at 08:23 AM
DiMono
Note to self: don't commit to write any php website that requires a back-end without thinking about it for more than ten seconds... on the other hand, it's looking really cool, and will be absolutely worth it when it's finished. I love compromises

Incidentally, readonly="readonly" is so much better than disabled="disabled"

[Edited by DiMono at Local Time:05-25-2005 at 03:20 AM]

05-25-2005 at 03:17 AM
gamer_extreme_101
Well, yesterday the males in our school choir managed to make complete fools out of ourselves singing Do Wah Diddy Diddy while doing very corney showgirl-esque choreography along with it. We had the complete black outfits with our collars up, our sleeves rolled up, and wearing sunglasses. Needless to say, it was a complete hoot.

Onto less weird topics, I've started applying for a job now to work for the summer. Hooray for strenuous labour! :?

05-31-2005 at 12:07 AM
DiMono
I might finally have a buyer for my Magic: The Gathering cards. All in all, $1200 is just fine.

05-31-2005 at 01:22 AM
leroy00
Rank Points: 155
DiMono wrote:
I might finally have a buyer for my Magic: The Gathering cards. All in all, $1200 is just fine.

Yeah, but they are Canadian dollars, right? ;)

06-01-2005 at 10:11 AM
MasterGiga
Hey guys, I'm finally starting to get back on track here. I've downloaded JtRH again. Now, of course, I must get to work on trying to play through holds that I previously cleared...A lot of work ahead of me, but school is out until July 7 for me, so I need something to do that's worthy of my time. DROD is perfect!

:closedeyes

06-11-2005 at 10:39 AM
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
On Friday I decided enough was enough and I beat all the secret rooms that I had left,(Alot!)except for 1 which I beat tonight. The Dreamplane is really cool with many cool rooms in it and many interesting facts.
The bad thing is, I don't know if I visited every room in the Dreamplane! Is there a checklist somewhere?

[Edited by rowrow at Local Time:06-12-2005 at 06:29 AM]

06-12-2005 at 06:27 AM
VortexSurfer
Rank Points: 90
rowrow wrote:
The bad thing is, I don't know if I visited every room in the Dreamplane! Is there a checklist somewhere?

Once you have conquered a hold, you may use the "Restore Game" screen to find out how much of a level you have explored (expressed as a percentage instead of just the number of rooms); If you get 100%, you're done!
06-12-2005 at 12:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
A month and $1000 later, my car is finally ready for use. I love birthday presents. I'll post up pictures of it later.

06-14-2005 at 04:51 PM
MasterGiga
Okay, I think I'm finally going to actually submit a hold to drod.net. I must admit that I began building a few holds of my own in the past, but I wasn't too serious about it. I may even revive one of those projects...just maybe.

Anyway, I have quite a bit to go before the Enchanted Depths is released.

:|

06-21-2005 at 01:53 AM
gamer_extreme_101
Bwahaha! I finally got 3D acceleration working in Linux, which means Flying Toasters screensaver for me! That, and all my frame rates in general will increase, and I'll finally be able to play an FPS without switching to Windows. Good show!

06-21-2005 at 04:27 PM
DiMono

File: 5weeks.jpg (49.8 KB)
Downloaded 199 times.
License: Other
Check it out, it's me wearing my Tar Baby shirt in downtown Toronto! Of course, I shaved the beard off two days ago, but that's beside the point.

[Last edited by DiMono at 06-21-2005 07:33 PM]
06-21-2005 at 07:32 PM
gamer_extreme_101
Well, to call it hectic today would be underestimating my workday today. At close, we were pulling in $10 000 an hour after six, which goes beyond insanity.

Anyways, with Canada's 138 birthday an hour away for me, I plan on celebrating in my own special way - sleeping until the afternoon with a Canadian flag in my hand. And hoo-boy, I'll be enjoying it.

07-01-2005 at 05:53 AM
Page 5 of 5
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : The bar (Just a place to hang out)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com