Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : The bar (Just a place to hang out)
Page 4 of 5
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
gamer_extreme_101
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1939
IP: Logged
icon Re: The bar (0)  
Well, I'm back to the fun of installing Gentoo again after my dad donated a 16 gig hard drive to me. Hooray for the text-only Links browser!!

02-24-2005 at 09:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
icon Re: The bar (+2)  
I'm so sorry

02-24-2005 at 11:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
I'm giving you two rank points simply because

-Raffi is cool.
-People dressed in banana suits are hilarious
-The song is stuck in my head now

Yes, I'm writing this in Windows. Have to get the bootloader working.

02-25-2005 at 12:58 AM
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
It's going to be -15C tonight here.

I'm going to bed right now!

-- Tim :cold

03-03-2005 at 10:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono

File: dimono-drod.jpg (166.1 KB)
Downloaded 128 times.
License: Other
icon Re: The bar (+1)  
Heh

(see attached image)

[Edited by DiMono at Local Time:03-19-2005 at 04:08 PM]

03-19-2005 at 04:08 PM
gamer_extreme_101
Well, most of you probably know that I'm involved in the tech side of our school's drama program. Well, the regional festival is on Thursday, and I have no idea about how the lights are being run. I have a vague list of cues from one of the school's plays, and have just seen the other play once with barely any mention for lights. Well, at least the sets were finished on time. That gives me a bit of relief.

The good side is that I think both plays have a really good chance at picking up some trophies at the awards on Saturday. One of the plays, entitled Ann Archy, is a hilarious look at the backstage side of the play Anne of Green Gables, and is a riot to watch. The other play, An Anomoly and an Enigma, was written by the two most musically talented people at our school, and is about two roomates who dream of making it big, but the dream starts to fade when reality sets in between them.

Well, my stress level will slowly start to increase up until Friday, where the adjudication starts and I can just bask in the thought that "Thank goodness it's all over...for now". I'll be sure to mention how it turns out, but I still have a bit of excitement in the fact that this is my first festival doing lights rather than stage crew. Good show!

04-12-2005 at 03:49 AM
MasterGiga
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 67
Being killed regularly by those guards in Level 25 has forced me to call it quits for a couple of hours. I think I'll continue my story, which is coming along very slowly...

BTW, my JtRH progress is L25-Quarce East. :yawn

04-15-2005 at 06:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 352
Just installed everythign into my new computer case, and not only does it have blue glowing out of the sides, it is too long to fit on my desk, so I'm going to have to rearrange my room so that I can put it somehwere.

Strangely enough, the loudest fan is the 'silent' one I bought for it :? . It has room for plenty of fans in it, but I want to keep it reasonably quiet....
04-15-2005 at 07:41 PM
MasterGiga
wackhead_uk wrote:
Just installed everythign into my new computer case, and not only does it have blue glowing out of the sides, it is too long to fit on my desk, so I'm going to have to rearrange my room so that I can put it somehwere.

Strangely enough, the loudest fan is the 'silent' one I bought for it :? . It has room for plenty of fans in it, but I want to keep it reasonably quiet....

Well, I'm back for a while. And never even touched my story yet... :D

So wackhead_uk, it sucks that the silent fan is the loudest. You'll get the rearranging done in time. I wish I set my Pc tower under the desk, but its too big and besides, it blocks off the fan and causes the pc to overheat. Now its just sitting on the floor, taking up walking space.

I should do some rearranging for my whole room... :D

04-15-2005 at 09:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
MasterGiga
After a couple of more hours, I conquered JtRH! Well...most of it anyway. Now, I must go and complete those secrets that slipped by me the first time...and complete the Dreamplane of course.

I'm out for today. :)

04-16-2005 at 12:16 AM
MasterGiga
Hmm...where is everyone tonight? These parts have been empty lately.

Well, I must say that I've taken that break that I really needed. Now, on to more holds! Well, maybe after I get a little more rest. :look

04-21-2005 at 04:33 AM
SbCl3
Rank Points: 61
gamer_extreme_101 wrote:
Well, I'm back to the fun of installing Gentoo again after my dad donated a 16 gig hard drive to me. Hooray for the text-only Links browser!!

gentoo? *sbcl3 cowers in fear*.

You're in for some installation hell, man.
04-22-2005 at 02:23 AM
gamer_extreme_101
Emerging things is the worst part. So far, after two days of emerging GNOME while I'm at school, I still have about 64 packages left to emerge. I have XFCE4, but I find it extremly bland and useless for my liking. Still, I love my Linux, and my Linux loves me back. :)

04-22-2005 at 02:38 AM
trick
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2580
You could emerge gnome-light in stead of gnome, also, use USE=-mozilla when emerging it so you don't have to emerge mozilla as well*. That way you don't have to emerge a lot of stuff you'll probably never use anyway**. Also, use ccache.

- Gerry

* Unless you want it, of course, but firefox is better :)

** If you do need something not included in gnome-light, you can just emerge it manually, of course***.

*** It seems I've discovered footnotes. I usually use a lot of parenthesis in my posts, often even parenthesis within parenthesis****, but footnotes seems to be a bit cleaner. What do you think ? Should I go back to parenthesis or keep using footnotes ? You decide! ;)

**** Like this would be if it was in parenthesis*****.

***** I hope I spell "parenthesis" right******.

****** Footnote overload!
04-22-2005 at 01:39 PM
MasterGiga
Hmm, just thought I'd drop by tonight. How is everyone?

I just conquered The Tomb of Nomb and I really enjoyed it. If anyone here (IF THERE IS ANYONE) hasn't played it, GO AND TRY. Unless you don't like a challenge...then you could forget everything I just said.

Well, time to do some more homework...*Sigh* College...its so...what's the word? Useful and annoying at the same time. :look

04-25-2005 at 05:37 AM
DiMono
Check it out, I shaved my head

[Edited by DiMono at Local Time:04-26-2005 at 07:42 AM: Stupid Ctrl-C not doing its job...]

04-26-2005 at 05:51 AM
Chalks
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 267
tsk tsk:

the website wrote:
Well, er, you thought there was supposed to be something here, but there isn't. Bit of a shame, really. About the only thing you can do is retrace your steps and give whoever sent you here a piece of your mind. It's disgraceful, really it is.

Disgraceful indeed!
04-26-2005 at 05:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
DiMono wrote:
Someday this link will work ;)
04-26-2005 at 06:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5383
Doom wrote:
DiMono wrote:
With two "/forum"s in there, I doubt it. :P Otherwise, I agree ;)

04-26-2005 at 06:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
DiMono
Doom wrote:
DiMono wrote:
fragga frigidi furkin durdlers... fixed. Stupid Ctrl-C not doing its job.

04-26-2005 at 07:43 AM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
So, you really live on Zelda street? It's a shame zex20913 no longer visits the forum...

04-26-2005 at 01:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Oh yeah, I live on Zelda Crescent. Not only that, but the house type is called a Link. How cool is that?

04-26-2005 at 05:24 PM
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
I was taking careful note of how many different hobbies of DiMono's you could spot. I think it's obvious it's been produced for Red vs Blue (the shaving cream graffiti, the complete disregard for low bandwidth, little clues) but I did spot a DROD hat and Chris' computer room. Reminded me of something from a hacker movie. Couldn't see any Diablo II stuff, though.

Matt

04-26-2005 at 05:39 PM
Chalks
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 267
woah...10Mb file. Glad I have campus internet. :D (500+ kb per sec) unfortunately, I didn't have headphones with me...

just as a point of interest: How did you put those video clips together? Did you use windows movie maker or did you use a nice program (like adobe permier or final cut)?
04-27-2005 at 01:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 352
My Mum is now trying to teach me to drive, with limited success :?.
05-02-2005 at 06:03 PM
krammer
Rank Points: 904
I'm not surprised if you're posting on the forums at the same time.

"Oook!"
05-02-2005 at 06:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
MasterGiga
Good one Krammer. :lol

I've had a LONG night. I took my CIS 105 mid-term tonight. Took a while to finish. We had to take a program and design the Printer Spacing Chart, Hierarchy Chart, Flowchart, AND Pseudocode for it. I think I did it perfectly...I think...

Well, I'm checking out for now. Hope you guys had a better night than me. :yawn

05-03-2005 at 05:18 AM
mrimer
Rank Points: 5058
MasterGiga wrote:
We had to take a program and design the Printer Spacing Chart, Hierarchy Chart, Flowchart, AND Pseudocode for it. I think I did it perfectly...I think...
Good job!

There are really places still studying ye olde flowcharts? Yeecchhh. Programs these days are almost all way too complex for any flowchart to do them justice...unless they look like those world-class domino knockdown sessions that spiral, loop, crisscross, zig, and zag all over an entire football stadium. (But at least they don't zig while they're zagging.)

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
05-03-2005 at 05:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
At least not yet.

Someone had to say it, and that someone is me, apparantly.

Matt

05-03-2005 at 08:33 PM
MasterGiga
Hey, anyone here? I'm up really late for no reason really. Just been watching tv and getting nowhere with my novelette...hmm.

So, E3, 2005 is right around the corner. I've never been to an E3 event, but I sure would like to. Is anyone here going?

Well, I'd better go before my keyboard becomes my pillow for tonight. :look

05-07-2005 at 08:57 AM
Page 4 of 5
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : The bar (Just a place to hang out)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com