Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : The bar (Just a place to hang out)
Page 3 of 5
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Doom
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3226
IP: Logged
icon Re: The bar (0)  
I got the microphone for the contest but now Tim's flu is moving to me and I'm not really in a good shape for recording anything.

edit: I'm feeling a little better now and my voice is better too.

[Edited by Doom at Local Time:02-11-2005 at 06:34 AM]
02-11-2005 at 05:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
Can I buy some signature space? 1 million pounds for 1 line? I am bored.

02-11-2005 at 05:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
I had to reset three satellite dish cards tonight. Trust me, being sick isn't so bad.

02-12-2005 at 02:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
I can't even remember what's on my signature, so I guess I can put it up for sale too.

That's me, always on the bandwagon.

Matt

02-16-2005 at 05:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DiMono
I just stayed up until ...now... playing some version of DROD. I really need sleep.

02-16-2005 at 06:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
Good man!

(Hey, I know how you feel. I've stayed up until now debugging some version of DROD. There are seriously 1001 details in there to keep straight.)

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
02-16-2005 at 06:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
Went to sleep early last night. Very early. I really needed the sleep.

02-16-2005 at 03:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
I woke up at 12:00 PM today. :closedeyes

02-16-2005 at 04:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
I didn't find my mobile phone yesterday and I was sure that I would sleep too late without the alarm but I woke up exactly at 7:00 AM :) Not a minute too late or too early.
02-16-2005 at 05:36 PM
DiMono
My body's hardcoded to not let me sleep later than 9:30, it's weird. Even if I go to sleep at 4am, I'll be up by 9:30. At least I don't miss any classes...

02-16-2005 at 07:12 PM
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
My body's hardcoded to never let me get up. All of my 11 years at school have had my parent's forcing me to get out of bed. I have yet to find an alarm loud or annoying enough to make me want to trun it off.

02-16-2005 at 08:38 PM
Stefan
Rank Points: 2119
gamer_extreme_101 wrote:
My body's hardcoded to never let me get up. All of my 11 years at school have had my parent's forcing me to get out of bed. I have yet to find an alarm loud or annoying enough to make me want to trun it off.
I have the same problem: My body is also hardcoded never to let me get up. I usually try to solve this by having multiple alarm clocks (usually two, but sometimes three) and keeping them close to me. One of them is really annoying, but I've still been able to sleep with it ringing for several hours (well, not really, since it stops after it's been ringing for two hours).

Has anyone else here ever slept for over 23 hours straight? :sleeping

[Edited by Stefan at Local Time:02-16-2005 at 10:22 PM: added smilie]

02-16-2005 at 10:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
I once stayed up for 63 hours straight, then only needed 8 hours to get back on schedule...

02-16-2005 at 10:36 PM
rowrow
DiMono wrote:
I once stayed up for 63 hours straight
Not even sleeping for a minute?

[Edited by rowrow at Local Time:02-16-2005 at 11:14 PM]

02-16-2005 at 11:13 PM
gamer_extreme_101
Stefan wrote:
Has anyone else here ever slept for over 23 hours straight? :sleeping
I slept through Boxing Day two years ago. My parent's just checked on me once in awhile to make sure that I was still alive. It was a grand 26 hour sleep.

02-16-2005 at 11:25 PM
DiMono
rowrow wrote:
DiMono wrote:I once stayed up for 63 hours straight
Not even sleeping for a minute?
Not even a minute. I had work to do for school, and couldn't afford to be asleep. I even held a business meeting in the middle of it all.

02-16-2005 at 11:28 PM
rowrow
Did you go to the doctor after?

02-16-2005 at 11:32 PM
DiMono
No, just bed.

02-16-2005 at 11:32 PM
gamer_extreme_101
When spring break starts this weekend, I'm installing Linux (yes, again) thanks to my dad giving me his 16 gig hard drive, which will now become my Win2K drive. Good fun!

02-17-2005 at 11:33 PM
wackhead_uk
Rank Points: 352
I have just realised that I have 25Gb of Games on my hard drive. :-O
02-17-2005 at 11:49 PM
gamer_extreme_101
Just saw this on Neowin.net.
Neowin Article:
In an effort to help protect children online and guide parents in how to protect them, Microsoft recently threw up a "parent's primer to computer slang".

The entertaining guide goes through the different phrases commonly referred to as leetspeek, or leet for short. Microsoft lays down some key points for getting to grips with leetspeek.

Some of the more entertaining phrases can be found defined, below:

"pwn": A typo-deliberate version of own, a slang term that means to dominate. This could also be spelled "0//n3d" or "pwn3d," among other variations. Online video game bullies or "griefers" often use this term.

"n00b," "noob," "newbie," or "newb": Combinations synonymous with new user. Some leetspeekers view "n00b" as an insult and "newbie" as an affectionate term for new users.

"ph": often replaces "f," as in "phear" for "fear" (as in "ph34r my l33t skillz") and vice versa, such as spelling "phonetic" as "f0||371(."

Glad to hear that someone at Microsoft is "1337".
To read the guide, click the link here.

[Edited by gamer_extreme_101 at Local Time:02-18-2005 at 12:08 AM: Tag issues]

[Edited by gamer_extreme_101 at Local Time:02-18-2005 at 12:08 AM: Argh...wrong tag!]

02-18-2005 at 12:07 AM
rowrow
Wonder what is in your sig.

02-18-2005 at 12:34 AM
DiMono
gamer_extreme_101 wrote:
Just saw this on Neowin.net.
Neowin Article:
In an effort to help protect children online and guide parents in how to protect them, Microsoft recently threw up a "parent's primer to computer slang".

The entertaining guide goes through the different phrases commonly referred to as leetspeek, or leet for short. Microsoft lays down some key points for getting to grips with leetspeek.

Some of the more entertaining phrases can be found defined, below:

"pwn": A typo-deliberate version of own, a slang term that means to dominate. This could also be spelled "0//n3d" or "pwn3d," among other variations. Online video game bullies or "griefers" often use this term.

"n00b," "noob," "newbie," or "newb": Combinations synonymous with new user. Some leetspeekers view "n00b" as an insult and "newbie" as an affectionate term for new users.

"ph": often replaces "f," as in "phear" for "fear" (as in "ph34r my l33t skillz") and vice versa, such as spelling "phonetic" as "f0||371(."

Glad to hear that someone at Microsoft is "1337".
To read the guide, click the link here.

[Edited by gamer_extreme_101 at Local Time:02-18-2005 at 12:08 AM: Tag issues]

[Edited by gamer_extreme_101 at Local Time:02-18-2005 at 12:08 AM: Argh...wrong tag!]
This makes me cry...

02-18-2005 at 01:03 AM
wackhead_uk
icon Re: The bar (+1)  
I think Gamer's sig says something about spring break.
02-18-2005 at 07:30 PM
rowrow
about an hour left.

02-18-2005 at 07:35 PM
gamer_extreme_101
wackhead_uk wrote:
I think Gamer's sig says something about spring break.
:shifty ....The heck you say! I doubt it...

02-18-2005 at 09:05 PM
rowrow
Well now we know eh? :)

02-18-2005 at 09:40 PM
wackhead_uk
I just spelt my name wrong on a piece of homework. :twak
02-19-2005 at 01:15 PM
DiMono
wackhead_uk wrote:
I just spelt my name wrong on a piece of homework. :twak
I had a friend when I attended the University of Waterloo whose name was Byung. On a University paper he once left off the y. After that, we just sort of naturally called him Bung.

02-19-2005 at 01:31 PM
krammer
Rank Points: 904
Well - I spent the last week on a concert tour of Italy with my orchestra and it was an amazing trip. As is the way of these things we all got not enough sleep and were absolutely shattered by the end but I got to see some of the best places, and we had some great concerts too.

Nice to be back home again though. :)

"Oook!"
02-21-2005 at 06:37 PM
Page 3 of 5
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : The bar (Just a place to hang out)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com