Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : The bar (Just a place to hang out)
Page 2 of 5
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
IP: Logged
icon Re: The bar (0)  
Me.

01-17-2005 at 12:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
I'm really not looking forward to tonight, especially if I can't salvage my registry. Patching a fresh XP installation and reinstalling thirty pieces of software is not exactly a fun thing to do.

01-17-2005 at 12:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Zmann
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 241
I'll keep you company, but it's more fun in an IRC room.

Isn't there supposedly some DROD IRC? Does anyone actually go to that thing?
01-17-2005 at 12:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DiMono
I don't know, but my night looks a lot less daunting now that I've been told where the registry is stored in its native format. I might actually have time to eat dinner.

01-17-2005 at 01:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
Sorry...but I will be installing Windows 2000 over my existing Win98 copy. It's a shame Microsoft only supports XP with a touch of 200 nowadays.

01-17-2005 at 01:32 AM
DiMono
Ironically, since successfully restoring my XP installation (which came with SP2), I cannot use Windows Update. At least I can use my computer again.

01-17-2005 at 02:46 AM
gamer_extreme_101
I just installed Wndows 2000, and I love it. Yes, love is a strong word, but it is umpteen times better than ye olde Windows 98. I love the NT platform , the no-nonsense talk it gives you....it's just beautiful. :wub

01-19-2005 at 12:38 AM
DiMono
I'm liking XP, except for this past sunday. Sixteen hours well spent. On the bright side, right-clicking on a file in Explorer isn't laggy any more.

01-19-2005 at 04:58 AM
gamer_extreme_101
DiMono wrote:
I'm liking XP, except for this past sunday. Sixteen hours well spent. On the bright side, right-clicking on a file in Explorer isn't laggy any more.
I've both good and bad stories from Windows XP, but I guess that happens with every OS.

In other news, I still need to install Firefox adn DROD. I swear that if DROD doesn't work on Win2K, I will uninstall it and go back to Windows 98. It's that important. Same for Firefox.

[Edited by gamer_extreme_101 at Local Time:01-19-2005 at 01:38 PM]

01-19-2005 at 01:34 PM
DiMono
At least use Win98SE, it has fewer critical security holes than regular Win98

01-19-2005 at 06:46 PM
gamer_extreme_101
DiMono wrote:
At least use Win98SE, it has fewer critical security holes than regular Win98
Well, that's what I had before, but the main problem now is that any of the Win9x OS' are no longer supported or will have any MS software made to work on them. For example, our school system has a deal with MS that gives up Visual Studio.net 2003 for educational uses, but it just won't even install on 98SE. It's a shame, really, but that's progress for you.

01-19-2005 at 08:47 PM
DiMono
Anyone played Text Twist? My high score so far is about 78,000, can anyone beat it without cheating?

01-20-2005 at 04:56 AM
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
I got about that far when I played it with my girlfriend, but that's cause we had two brains on it. But if it's a high score duel you want, a high score duel you shall get!

01-20-2005 at 09:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
I almost never lose a game of text twist - I normally get bored after 20 or so words and quit. I don't think even competitiveness is worth playing text twist for longer intervals.

01-20-2005 at 11:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
I only lose when the six letter word is something I've never seen before. Seems to happen every 80,000 points or so.

01-20-2005 at 06:41 PM
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460
The trouble with Text Twist is
Click here to view the secret text

[Edited by Rabscuttle at Local Time:01-21-2005 at 04:44 AM]
01-21-2005 at 03:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
Hi.

I don't want to spend another thread about this, but whatever happened to:

*) Malarme
*) the new hair colo(u)r of missbrittany
*) that cooking contest
*) our december hold

Anyone?

02-01-2005 at 05:22 PM
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
Well the cooking contest kinda went belly up. One person entered and they didn't really post a recipe, just a suggestion for a dish. Which I can't cook if I don't know what it is or how to cook it.

02-01-2005 at 06:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Tim wrote:
I don't want to spend another thread about this, but whatever happened to:

*) our december hold
I'm working on it slowly. Blame it on my other DROD-related project, but I try to work on it right now. All that's left is my commentary test and putting scrolls for the ending text on the holds. With any luck, the rough draft will be done tonight.

Better get working....*sigh*

02-01-2005 at 11:02 PM
Tim
stigant wrote:
Well the cooking contest kinda went belly up. One person entered and they didn't really post a recipe, just a suggestion for a dish. Which I can't cook if I don't know what it is or how to cook it.
I'm not sure what you want as a recipe, is it really something what you can put it in a cookbook? I found Meckmeck suggestion already sufficient enough to make it, actually (with some imagination of course).

If you really want something nice to eat and simple to prepare, I can give you the "recipe" I use.

gamer_extreme_101 wrote:
Tim wrote:
*) our december hold
I'm working on it slowly. Blame it on my other DROD-related project, but I try to work on it right now. All that's left is my commentary test and putting scrolls for the ending text on the holds. With any luck, the rough draft will be done tonight.
Look, don't worry, I was only asking. :) If you are really busy, it's not that important. And I've downloaded it already ;) And because I'm such a "nice" guy, I've already modded you up in that thread ;)

And even though I did say I wasn't planning adding scrolls in the hold, I still want to say that 1W of that hold was based on 1N in Level 8 Remake O:- (Most of my rooms were actually based on other holds ;))

I'm actually really ill lately. I've already stayed at home for at least 3 weeks now :( (See my post much earlier on this thread...)

-- Tim

02-02-2005 at 12:30 AM
DiMono
Being sick sucks. So does not getting enough sleep, which I've been guilty of for like three weeks now.

02-02-2005 at 01:03 AM
Tim
DiMono wrote:
Being sick sucks. So does not getting enough sleep, which I've been guilty of for like three weeks now.
DiMono, I think you know better than the rest of us what will happen when you do not sleep properly.

I'm just jealous...

But believe me, it's not fun to have to sleep ridiculous long hours like me. I have slept at least 15 hours today, and the day isn't even finished :angry

-- Tim :ill

02-02-2005 at 09:53 PM
gamer_extreme_101
I'm happy...the temp here is around +6oC, so our family's barbequing steak along with potatoes and having caesar salad...my favourite meal! I don't think I can wait an hour...

02-02-2005 at 10:49 PM
DiMono
gamer_extreme_101 wrote:
I'm happy...the temp here is around +6oC, so our family's barbequing steak along with potatoes and having caesar salad...my favourite meal! I don't think I can wait an hour...
I just want you to know I despise you for that. It's still -6 here. However, to make it all better, here's the Numa Numa dance

02-03-2005 at 12:30 AM
Stuwy
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 212
Next to the right of you gamer, Manitoba is in its -2oC and oh my, it's a change walking through harsh, harsh winds.
02-03-2005 at 06:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Have you ever noticed on The Weather Channel, the last page of the local forecast is a bunch of cities in B.C., and Whitehorse? It's like the only reason Whitehorse is there is to remind the people in B.C. that it's not actually so bad.

"Well, temperatures are at -15C in Victoria, but it's -40 in Whitehorse, so stop your whining already."

02-07-2005 at 08:40 PM
gamer_extreme_101
I hate irony.

Just when my sister gets over to our school to give me and my friends a ride because my friend's truck wou;dn't start, it starts just as she pulls into the parking lot. Damn winter!

02-07-2005 at 09:56 PM
DiMono
The following code didn't get me expelled (secretted because it will crash your computer if you run it)
Click here to view the secret text
I accidentally crashed a school server with this code, but because I went to the school server authorities immediately I didn't get in any real trouble. Sometimes it sucks being so inventive.

02-08-2005 at 01:46 AM
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
Accidentally? What else were you trying to do, if not crash the machine?

02-08-2005 at 01:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
DiMono
Actually I was trying to crash another machine, as dictated in the course outline. We were given a server called tank whose sole purpose is for us to try to crash it. My code was meant to be a pingstorm, but it turns out the server I ran it from had far more tolerance for the fork command than I thought.

On the bright side, I was able to crash tank, I just did it by leaking all the memory instead of tieing up the process list.

02-08-2005 at 04:45 AM
Page 2 of 5
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : The bar (Just a place to hang out)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com