Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : DROD Crashed On "Finishing" A Hold
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
agaricus5
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1838
IP: Logged
icon DROD Crashed On "Finishing" A Hold (0)  
When I tried to "end a hold" by going down stairs that I marked "end hold" after playtesting the room, when I pressed the down button, DROD crashed.

06-15-2003 at 11:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
key-smiter
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 121
icon Re: DROD Crashed On "Finishing" A Hold (0)  
I could not repeat this on my machine (WinXP), although let me see if I got the steps right -

1) Create a room with a stairway defined as going to another level. Play the room
2) At some later point, re-define that stairway as a hold-ending stairway.
3) Play the room again, exiting through the stairway.

When I do this, no crashing . . . can you shed any additional light on what you are seeing?

Thanks -
06-15-2003 at 11:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
agaricus5
icon Re: Re: DROD Crashed On "Finishing" A Hold (0)  
key-smiter wrote:
I could not repeat this on my machine (WinXP), although let me see if I got the steps right -

1) Create a room with a stairway defined as going to another level. Play the room
2) At some later point, re-define that stairway as a hold-ending stairway.
3) Play the room again, exiting through the stairway.

When I do this, no crashing . . . can you shed any additional light on what you are seeing?

Thanks -
Sorry - wasn't clear...

I playtested a room and finished it (Removed the green door) and then went down the stairs in the room. I was playtesting (Pressed F5 in the editor screen) not playing properly.

06-16-2003 at 12:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
key-smiter
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 121
agaricus5 -

I tried this just now with Build 19, and I could hit both down arrows successfully. No crash . . . does this still happen on your machine?
06-16-2003 at 11:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
agaricus5
No...It appears to have gone - I can't recreate the problem. However, I have had some weird, random crashes at odd times, especially if I click too much or overlay something with something else. I can't seem to repeat them, and they only appear to happen if the computer has been on for a lot of time, or DROD has been open for a long time, with things in the background. Do you think it's Windows XP causing the crashes?

06-17-2003 at 11:19 PM
krammer
Rank Points: 904
I have also had a few random crashes in the editor, but they never appear at a specific point - I click on something or somehere and DROD goes. I'm under XP too.

[Edited by krammer on 06-18-2003 at 11:30 AM GMT: Typos]

"Oook!"
06-18-2003 at 08:26 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : DROD Crashed On "Finishing" A Hold
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com