Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Room behavior change? (Blind Race 5 : Mastery of Ceremonies : 1E)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
disoriented
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2387
IP: Logged
icon Room behavior change? (+1)  
In my beta version (Mac 5.1.1.515) the gentryii in this room do not move for some reason.

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
07-13-2023 at 08:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2435
icon Re: Room behavior change? (+1)  
Tried this on Windows 5.1.1.481, the gentryii don't move in this version either.

Since the room uses a custom player role, perhaps some change has resulted in it having stealth when it's not supposed to.
07-13-2023 at 08:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
hyperme
Rank Points: 1073
icon Re: Room behavior change? (+2)  
Appears to be caused by the fix for this: http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=39947

tl;dr - Body-killing friendly monsters no longer breaks stealth. This room involves killing NPCs, which are always friendly. Since the custom role is based on Wraithwing, which has stealth by default, the room now works differently.

The hold author will need to supply an updated version to the HAs to fix this room. The easiest fix is to have an NPC in the room waiting for a monster to die, which then disables the player stealth.

07-14-2023 at 09:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
icon Re: Room behavior change? (0)  
I can do that fix, but for general use it seems like it would be better to be able to set NPCs to be friendly or not. Defaulting to unfriendly might be better so we don't have to track down any other existing rooms like this one.
07-14-2023 at 04:06 PM
hyperme
Rank Points: 1073
I was actually wrong about NPC friendliness. An NPC is friendly in the follow situations:

- Its base type is a Halph
- Its base type is a Stalwart or Soldier
- It does not have the Deadly imperative set

So another change would be to make the heart NPCs Deadly. Since they can't move, it should not cause issues.

In 5.2, it is possible to set the friendliness state of NPCs.

07-14-2023 at 04:23 PM
Dragon Fogel
Can confirm that adding Imperative: Deadly to the heart script fixes this. I've posted an update in the hold thread.
07-14-2023 at 04:49 PM
disoriented
Rank Points: 2387
I don't see in-game the option to download a new version of the hold that addresses this problem. I'm using 5.1.1.550 final (Mac).

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
11-10-2023 at 05:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
That's because the hold update hasn't gone through, as far as I can tell. I should probably poke somebody who can do it.
11-10-2023 at 07:53 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Room behavior change? (Blind Race 5 : Mastery of Ceremonies : 1E)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com