Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Electrocraft (New game discovered - need support)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Vikyky
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 16
IP: Logged
icon Electrocraft (+5)  
I found a new game [electrocraft] in itch.io that can interest electronic game fan like me :) . The concept is to solve problem room after room : the level increase progressively. It is totaly free, you can tell me what you think ;-)

The point is I'm blocked in the level "Compare two numbers" . I attached the picture.

Any idea how to start ? Thank you

Vikyky

06-17-2023 at 08:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NoahT
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1133
icon Re: Electrocraft (+1)  
Your post doesn't have an attachment.

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

06-17-2023 at 06:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
disoriented
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2386
There may be a restriction on attaching files to posts for new accounts (below a specified number of rank points). I gave him/her some rank points to attempt it again.

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
06-17-2023 at 06:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Vikyky
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 16
I have limited access as I'm a newbie here ;) .

But finally I could solve my problem : there is a set of logic gates and it must think in terms of logic of digital electronics. I took into account (thanks to Claudius) that:

==> 1/ To compare 2 bits, we can use an OR exclusive with 2 inputs and 1 output
==> 2/ To compare 2 numbers made with several bits, an OR is used on all the outputs of each OR Exclusive which is applied to all the bits of the same level.

The problem is that there was not enough space to put all the elements :one tile per module (but I cannot put the picture as I have not the privilege yet. If you need, let me know I will share separately)

Then I saw that there is an option which makes it possible to have others modules, in particular the comparator of 2 bits.

And that simplifies everything: the 2-bit comparator avoids having to build our exclusive OR with several logic gates. Then I fund the solution (still cannot share the pictures :D).

Finally I think the game is instructive and allows you to understand how logic gates work. I enjoy playing this game, it makes you think and my goal is to finish it. I will probably still need your advice :D, if I'm blocked.

Take care !

06-25-2023 at 11:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Electrocraft (New game discovered - need support)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com