Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Weird behavior and eventual crash in Custom Element Revival Show: Double Sided Mirror: 2N
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
kikuchiyo
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 107
IP: Logged
icon Weird behavior and eventual crash in Custom Element Revival Show: Double Sided Mirror: 2N (0)  
This is a room with a scripted custom element, the pushable roach.

Even while playing the room I was seeing weird behavior when I was undoing moves: the room seemed to flash back to previous saved states (e.g. the mimic appeared to be back at its entrance, opened doors appeared closed etc.) then back to the actual state.

Then I completed the room, exited it, wanted to go back to check demos, and then the game just crashed.

These messages appeared in the terminal, though not necessarily all of them at the same time:
Click here to view the secret text

I have the coredump, but it seems useless, because this was the standard linux release build (version 5.1.0.6513), apparently without debugging information.

It may be worth checking if this room causes problems with newer builds.

[Last edited by kikuchiyo at 05-21-2023 05:27 PM : crash log was too long, post was truncated :(]
05-21-2023 at 05:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
kikuchiyo
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 107
icon Re: Weird behavior and eventual crash in Custom Element Revival Show: Double Sided Mirror: 2N (0)  
Trying to view demos in this room (pressing F6) instantly crashes the game, with these messages:
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by kikuchiyo at 05-21-2023 05:30 PM]
05-21-2023 at 05:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2434
icon Re: Weird behavior and eventual crash in Custom Element Revival Show: Double Sided Mirror: 2N (+1)  
For the record, I'm not getting a crash in the Windows version. (Just tested on 5.1.1.481, which hyperme posted a few days ago - this might be behind the Steam version at present.) So this is probably Linux-specific?
05-21-2023 at 06:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Weird behavior and eventual crash in Custom Element Revival Show: Double Sided Mirror: 2N
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com