Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Tentacle Stew bug on Mac
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
bigalphillips
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
IP: Logged

File: Tentacle crash log.txt (34.1 KB)
Downloaded 38 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Tentacle Stew bug on Mac (+2)  
Hi,

I bought Tentacle Stew yesterday and it crashes on start up. I see the cut scene with rocks falling on a cross-road for about 5 seconds, and then the scene changes to another room and it crashes immediately afterwards.

I’m on Mac OS X Ventura 13.1. I tried a fresh install of Gunthro and the Epic Blunder, purchased from Steam.

(I'm also getting no sound, for any location (hold?) I try, which seems to be a long time bug on Mac - I see a post about that here dating back to 2008. I vaguely remember getting that to work eventually some years ago but I hoped that this would work out of the box by now.)

Thanks!
Alex

(I tried sending the above bug report to bugs@caravelgames.com but it bounced with the error: "Your message wasn't delivered to bugs@caravelgames.com because the address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail. The response from the remote server was: 553 Unknown recipient.") [Thanks! Addressed - mrimer]

Crash log attached. (EDIT: Now actually attached)

[Last edited by mrimer at 05-15-2023 05:38 PM]
12-20-2022 at 10:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tuttle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1545
icon Re: Tentacle Stew bug on Mac (+1)  
For the sound issue, there's a workaround: https://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=41511&page=0#428807

Also your log file didn't attach; if you preview a post at any point you need to re-attach just before you actually post the reply.
12-21-2022 at 02:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
disoriented
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2384
icon Re: Tentacle Stew bug on Mac (+1)  
There’s a prerelease non-Steam Mac build in this thread addressing the crash (speech) issue.

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.

[Last edited by disoriented at 12-21-2022 03:58 AM]
12-21-2022 at 03:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Tentacle Stew bug on Mac
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com