Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Secret Rooms (Secret Rooms)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
00gogo00
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Secret Rooms (0)  
This <forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=2535> post contains a message by
kieranmillar with a list of the locations from which the secret rooms in KDD (2.0) are accessed. Does a similar list exist for the other official holds (although JtRH and tCB are the only ones I'm really looking for)? I couldn't find them searching through the forums.
07-25-2021 at 03:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Rabscuttle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2460
IP: Logged

File: secretsearch.PNG (28.6 KB)
Downloaded 250 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Secret Rooms (+2)  
If you've finished the hold, you can see how many secret rooms there are on each level, and if you've beaten them.

A trick to find rooms yourself:

The Hints and Solution forum lets you search for a room to get hints for it. There's an option to move to coordinates outside the known rooms, so you can use that to tell if there's a room there.

Here I selected 1N2E then clicked "East" (to 1N3E), then "Check Hints". If there's a room there it'll list existing room topics or give you the option to create a new topic (as in my pic) If there's no room, then it'll say "There's no room at these coordinates"

So if you search around the outside of the level, you'll probably find where the room is - then you can search harder in the adjacent rooms to try and spot secret walls, etc.

This will be less helpful if the room isn't reached via secret wall (e.g. JtRH:L10:1S) or if the level isn't contiguous (e.g. TCB: Twenth-Fifth Level: Entrance (not a secret room, but the two rooms in that level aren't next to each other)

---

[Last edited by Rabscuttle at 07-25-2021 03:27 PM]
07-25-2021 at 03:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Secret Rooms (Secret Rooms)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com