Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Fill in the ______ (a "guess or twist the real story" game)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Tim
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1979
IP: Logged
icon Fill in the ______ (+3)  
Hi.

Have you ever read a post and thought, "Something was _____?"

Now you can fill them in!

Some Very Simple Rules:

1) Every post must have an subject, and some sentences with _______. It must have an correct answer though.
2) Anyone else can fill them in.
3) Anyone can give any number of points to posts if they like the response.
4) The person who answer correctly also get one point from the person who made the question. And can give out a new question.
5 Anyone is still allow to twist the existing half-finished stories, even after new questions have been proposed.

I will start a simple sentence on the next post.

Have Fun! (Don't worry, if there's no response I can remove this thread ;))

-- Tim ;)

[Edited by Tim at Local Time:12-08-2004 at 01:46 PM: Added rule 5]

12-07-2004 at 11:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bradwall
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 423
icon I think this will be ______ (+2)  
Hi.

Have you ever read a post and thought, "Something was missing?"

Now you can fill them in!

Some Very Simple Rules:

1) Every post must have an subject, and some sentences with blank lines. It must have an correct answer though.
2) Anyone else can fill them in.
3) Anyone can give points to posts if they like the response.
4) The person who answer correctly also get one point from the person who made the question. And can give out a new question.

I will start a simple sentence on the next post.

SUBJECT: What I think about this game.

I think that this will be a _______ game.
To get things _______, I will start off with an ______ one as well.
Good _____.

EDIT: Sorry to start before you. I was thinking that the introduction was the easy one you created.

[Edited by bradwall at Local Time:12-08-2004 at 12:06 AM]
12-07-2004 at 11:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tim
icon Re: Fill in the ______ (+1)  
Subject: Somewhere, in the help files of DROD:AE ...

Beethro Budkin strolled into the ________ where _________ was finishing his __________________.
"Away, ___________! You ____________!" bellowed _____________.
"But sir," __________, "you __________."

[ This one is easy, but it is a start... ]

-- Tim

[ Boo hoo, and I thought I was going to start :)

Can I just finish yours then?

I think that this will be a great game.
To get things going, I will start off with an simple one as well.
Good luck.]

[Edited by Tim at Local Time:12-08-2004 at 12:37 AM: Changed a lot of words...]

12-07-2004 at 11:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
[ I don't think points should be given out for 'correct' answers - there should be a (reasonably easy) correct solution, but the aim is to come up with something extremely innovative that turns around the entire meaning totally, or something like that.]
12-08-2004 at 12:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bradwall
icon Re: Fill in the ______ (0)  
Rules question...
Do you have to try to reply to fill in the blank on the previous puzzle before posting your own?
12-08-2004 at 12:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tim
Off-Game

Good idea! But I also think

1) we should have a way to be able to change the subject. or should we have multiple subjects at once?
2) we should give more points to really good alternative stories.
3) Or shall I change it so that everyone can add something to it? if he/she can fill in the previous part of the story?
If you can give me something I can cut and paste as a rule, please do! [ I will take any alternatives. Note that English is my second language... And this is my first game... ]

[Edited by Tim at Local Time:12-08-2004 at 12:29 AM]

12-08-2004 at 12:08 AM
bdcribbs
Rank Points: 390
Tim wrote:
I think that this will be a great game.
To get things going, I will start off with an easy one as well.
Good luck.]

When the article "an" is used the word after it must start with a vowel. :)
12-08-2004 at 12:25 AM
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
icon Re: Fill in the ______ (+2)  
Tim wrote:
Subject: Somewhere, a begin of a story...
Beethro Budkin strolled into the Grand Dining Chamber where King Dugan was finishing his massive morning meal
"Away, foul commoner! You disrupt my digestion with your poor hygene!" bellowed the King, with bits of pork and potatoes coming out of his mouth.
"But sir," protested Beethro, "you sent for me."

Amazingly, all of that was from memory except for the pork & potatoes part...I'm such a nerd. :nerd And I'm so proud of it too!

I'll post a puzzle in a little bit...have writer's block right now. :(

[Edited by gamer_extreme_101 at Local Time:12-08-2004 at 12:43 AM]

[Edited by gamer_extreme_101 at Local Time:12-08-2004 at 12:51 AM]

12-08-2004 at 12:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
Patrick, Not really correct. Sorry, I misread it. At least this is not what I found in my version...

(Of course you can still modify this story as well ;))
(See if you can come up with something better;)

-- Tim

[Edited by Tim at Local Time:12-08-2004 at 12:46 AM]

12-08-2004 at 12:40 AM
gamer_extreme_101
What about if I changed disgust me... to disrupt my digestion...?

12-08-2004 at 12:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
Nope, still not there yet ;)

But you can have a point if you want and add a puzzle to continue, but this is the fifth point I gave you today I guess ;) Because I'm going to bed right NOW!

-- Tim

12-08-2004 at 12:53 AM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
Beethro Budkin strolled into the dungeon where a goblin, Gronus, was finishing his wooden rabbit.
"Away, legums! You slarthy!" bellowed Gronus.
"But sir," protested Beethro, "you are a dirt bag."

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
12-08-2004 at 01:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Enjoy your rest!

Subject : An Evening Stroll

As Fringe walked out of his brand new ______, his __________ recalled all of the horror that he experienced __________ from Dugandy to the ____________ of Ephelna. He liked the new surroundings, but he thought that all of the ______________ in his village were a bit snobby. Nevertheless, he knew that making this ____________ would benefit him in the long run.

When he returned to his humble ______, he felt extremly ___________. Since his body was worn down, he knew it was time to go to bed, hoping that ____________ would be a better day.

Enjoy!

[Edited by gamer_extreme_101 at Local Time:12-08-2004 at 01:04 AM: Good ol' speeling mistakes]

[Edited by gamer_extreme_101 at Local Time:12-08-2004 at 11:35 PM]

12-08-2004 at 01:03 AM
Tim
I have added a new rule:

Rule 5 Anyone is still allow to twist the existing half-finished stories, even after new questions have been proposed.

12-08-2004 at 01:43 PM
bradwall
gamer_extreme_101 wrote:

As Fringe walked out of his brand new Gremlin (the car), his pea-sized intellect recalled all of the horror that he experienced nightly from Dugandy to the deadly battle of Ephelna. He liked the new surroundings, but he thought that all of the in-laws in his village were a bit snobby. Nevertheless, he knew that making this connection through marriage would benefit him in the long run.

When he returned to his humble mansion, he felt extremly saddened. Since his boky was worn down, he knew it was time to go to bed, hoping that the day before tomorrow would be a better day.
12-08-2004 at 03:22 PM
bradwall

Subject: The big meeting.

As Wally ___________ for the big meeting, he though to him self "__________". He was very ___________ about the meeting. All he could do ___________ was think about this meeting and how he __________. Fortunately, he ___________ on his stroll last night.
He knew his job required ____________ before he even applied for the position. However, he felt _____________. While people came in for the meeting, he though to himself: "Boy, I _________ this job as a ______________".

Have fun... I am not as creative when making up stories.

12-08-2004 at 03:32 PM
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
icon Re: Fill in the ______ (+3)  
bradwall wrote:

As Wally defenestrated his vases in preparation for the big meeting, he though to him self "this is highly relaxing; I should do this more often!". He was very sceptical about the meeting. All he could do apart from destroying his collection of vases was think about this meeting and how he was going to try to avoid falling asleep in it. Fortunately, he had acquired a rather foul-smelling substance from a dead roach with which he could revive himself on his stroll last night.
He knew his job required almost no talent at all except the ability to focus in the boring meeting before he even applied for the position. However, he felt that getting this job probably would be beneficial for him in the future when he applied for a leading position in the Smitemaster's Guild.. While people came in for the meeting, he though to himself: "Boy, I could even get this job as a goblin in disguise!"

12-08-2004 at 05:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Maurog
Rank Points: 1501
gamer_extreme_101 wrote:

As Fringe walked out of his brand new hold, all ready for the architects' contest of Novender, his brother Willy met him at the entrance, and told him about the meeting tomorrow. As they started walking home, he recalled all of the horror that he experienced when they told him he should dig out the dingeon he built and transport it from Dugandy to the distant outskirts of Ephelna. He liked the new surroundings, but he thought that all of the leading smitemasters of Ephelna were a bunch of boring bureaucratic seniles, and he remembered with nostalgy that he used to think the smitemasters in his village were a bit snobby. Nevertheless, he knew that making this smelly concoction for him and his brother from a leftover roach would benefit him in the long run.

When he returned to his humble room, devoid of any luxuries except for the straw mat in one corner, he felt extremly tired from all the building today. Since his boky was worn down, he knew it was time to go to bed, hoping that in his dreams he will see himself winning the architects award, and wake to what hopefully would be a better day.

12-08-2004 at 07:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
icon Re: I think this will be ______ (+2)  
SUBJECT: What I think about this game.

I think that this will be a cat-and-mouse sort of game.
To get things away from the Feds, I will start off with an explosive device, and then a sonic rifle on setting one as well.
Good stuff.

Matt

12-11-2004 at 02:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
trick
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2580
I kinda changed the subject. Is that allowed ? :)

As Fringe walked out of his brand new cave, backwards, begging the murderous burglar to spare his life, his soon-to-be killer recalled all of the horror that he experienced while escaping from Dugandy to the relative safety of Ephelna. He liked the new surroundings, but he thought that all of the other escaped convicts in his village were a bit snobby. Nevertheless, he knew that making this cave aquisition would benefit him in the long run.

When he returned to his humble dungeon cell in Dugandy three weeks later, when the King's men had finally tracked him down, he felt extremly homesick, and was happy to be back, although he was already planning his next escape. Since his body was worn down, he knew it was time to go to bed, hoping that the next time he was tracked down and dragged back to his cell would be a better day.

- Gerry
12-11-2004 at 06:30 AM
MeckMeck GRE
Rank Points: 594
bradwall wrote:

As Wally
was going for the big meeting, he though to him self "What crappy shit they will talk to me". He was very annoyed about the meeting. All he could do recently was think about this meeting and how he will prevent himeself of fall asleep in the meeting. Fortunately, he looked on his stroll last night. He knew his job required some stupid eyes a flower and a damaged brain before he even applied for the position. However, he felt stupid. While people came in for the meeting, he though to himself: "Boy, I will refuse this job as a Beta Tester for Circus Clowns ".

Have fun... I am not as creative when making up stories.

01-14-2005 at 01:43 PM
NoahT
Rank Points: 1133
Subject: Somewhere, in the help files of DROD:AE ...

Beethro Budkin strolled into the battlefields of Iraq where Michael Jackson was finishing his hand-written periodic table of the elements.
"Away, Iraqi soldier! You distract me from finishing my periodic table!" bellowed Jackson.
"But sir," Beethro started to critize, "you mixed up the positions of sodium and uranium."

-Noah

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

01-16-2005 at 02:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
Rank Points: 432
Beethro Budkin strolled into the Basement of Erik Hermansen where a new Beta tester was finishing his JTRH copy.
"Away,Beethro ! You Are not a beta tester so get out!" bellowed the tester.
"But sir," He said, "you are not the only one with a copy of JTRH. I am really the one you are controlling and am really the one who beat the game. In fact the ending goes like this. The 'neather is really alive and he is the brother of the Slayer...
Erik : If you say one more word to anyone who didn't yet finish or didn't even get the game yet...
."
Edit: Hope you liked that :D

[Edited by rowrow at Local Time:01-17-2005 at 12:39 AM]

01-16-2005 at 03:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Fill in the ______ (a "guess or twist the real story" game)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com