Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Spider rejects scorepoints triggered on the same turn as the hold end
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2670
IP: Logged
icon Spider rejects scorepoints triggered on the same turn as the hold end (+2)  
Newly released hold Funky Grapple has a scorepoint called "Reputation Scorepoint" right at the end of the hold. It's so "right at the end" that the scorepoint command is immediately followed by a Go to level entrance (end hold) command.

The spider is throwing this scorepoint away, presumably because the hold is already over by the time the spider gets around to reacting to the scorepoint being activated.

EDIT: It has been discovered that the three Ending scorepoints in Hold Anonymous have this same issue.

[Last edited by kieranmillar at 10-24-2020 12:28 AM]
08-21-2020 at 09:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris
Rank Points: 1531
icon Re: Spider rejects scorepoints triggered on the same turn as the hold end (0)  
Oops...

I guess as a slight workaround I could send someone a version of the hold that waits a turn or two before ending the hold.

EDIT: Uploaded a thing to the hold-board thread.

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Xindaris at 08-21-2020 10:26 PM]
08-21-2020 at 10:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Meta
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 106
icon Re: Spider rejects scorepoints triggered on the same turn as the hold end (0)  
This bug is related to the following bug.
https://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=40597

A fix for that bug probably could fix this one as well.

[Last edited by Meta at 08-22-2020 12:44 AM]
08-22-2020 at 12:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: Spider rejects scorepoints triggered on the same turn as the hold end (+3)  
I just performed a test with a script that has a score checkpoint, an autosave, and Go to Level Entrance <End Hold> on the same turn.

I confirmed a call to ValidateSavedGame (with the version schik recently synced to the server) does report the score checkpoint, but it also reports it's an invalid move sequence.

I've fixed this in this PR.

Matt, at your convenience, you can sync your build to the current master and these failing score point sequences should be marked good now.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
10-26-2020 at 06:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
icon Re: Spider rejects scorepoints triggered on the same turn as the hold end (+3)  
Spider is running the new code as of now.

10-27-2020 at 01:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
kieranmillar
icon Re: Spider rejects scorepoints triggered on the same turn as the hold end (+1)  
I resubmitted the final scorepoint of Funky Grapple and it has successfully verified, so can verify this fix works.

Schik, can you rerun the demos for Hold Anonymous? That's the only other hold that I am aware of that has scorepoints that experienced this issue.

[Last edited by kieranmillar at 10-27-2020 08:20 AM]
10-27-2020 at 08:20 AM
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
icon Re: Spider rejects scorepoints triggered on the same turn as the hold end (+2)  
kieranmillar wrote:
I resubmitted the final scorepoint of Funky Grapple and it has successfully verified, so can verify this fix works.

Schik, can you rerun the demos for Hold Anonymous? That's the only other hold that I am aware of that has scorepoints that experienced this issue.
I've done so.

10-27-2020 at 01:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
kieranmillar
icon Re: Spider rejects scorepoints triggered on the same turn as the hold end (+1)  
All 3 Ending scorepoints are now showing up on the tables, so all is good.
10-27-2020 at 01:19 PM
greenscience
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 141
Nice, will be a while before I try Hold Anonymous.

I'm curious about what happened to checkpoints from the other bug that were showing scores from a previous checkpoint. 2018's Exponenti-slayer seems alright now but the top 2 scores from 2016's Elder Slayer no more are obviously from Slayer defeated. I though I saw my score for Elder Slayer being rerun but it was rejected again (might be an issue with submitting from Linux). Get Your Stuff Back's Harold Defeated and chAos eXarCh Defeated! seem to have a mix of endgame scores and from Chortle Brothers Defeated. Escape from Monster Jail's Defeated Cultist all seem to be from Flesh Golem Defeated.
10-27-2020 at 01:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
kieranmillar
I've made a new topic for greenscience's observations above:

http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=44914
10-27-2020 at 01:59 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Spider rejects scorepoints triggered on the same turn as the hold end
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com