Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Random Dungeon : Level 2 : 1 South
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2430
IP: Logged
icon Random Dungeon : Level 2 : 1 South (0)  
Maybe this is just a matter of attempting this too late at night, but I feel completely lost as to how to set things up so that all four plates can be held at the right time.

Clearly I need a roach on one plate, and I can get to another plate on the next turn if necessary, but I can't wrap my head around how to arrange things to make that feasible. I do realize there are a few different ways the snakes can be trapped while holding down the plates - in theory, they could also be roaming around but that sounds terrifying to set up so I'm not even thinking about it right now. But I can't see how any of those arrangements would help me.
07-21-2020 at 07:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
icon Re: Random Dungeon : Level 2 : 1 South (0)  
Okay, I managed to work out a solution to the above issue:

Click here to view the secret text

Now I have a new problem: the force arrow under the bomb on the east side.

This force arrow prevents the bomb from lighting the fuse until the pressure plate below the briar is activated. However, that plate is the only thing that opens the central door. And the big plate closes that door, but needs to be pressed down in order for the bomb explosion to reach the fuse.

I think I've hammered out the ridiculous process needed to resolve this, but I could use some advice on how to set things up for said process.

What I need to do:

07-21-2020 at 10:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
icon Re: Random Dungeon : Level 2 : 1 South (0)  
Wow, I was overthinking that.

The process I was thinking about was totally unnecessary.

07-22-2020 at 04:30 AM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Random Dungeon : Level 2 : 1 South
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com