Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The City Beneath : The Uncturage : 2 East (Help with the challenge)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
JamesBond007
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 43
IP: Logged
icon The City Beneath : The Uncturage : 2 East (0)  
How to do the challenge? The only sword position where Beethro can survive after striking the orb seems to be Southwest. Unfortunately, after dealing with first part of roaches and coming back for the rest, I'm ending stuck at the two rightmost columns of the middle section of the room.

I also tried using the eastern arrow rotator twice (because that's different thing than using both of them). I'm able to kill all roaches that way, but unfortunately that doesn't score a challenge.
02-29-2020 at 04:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dying Flutchman
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 406
icon Re: The City Beneath : The Uncturage : 2 East (0)  
JamesBond007 wrote:
I also tried using the eastern arrow rotator twice (because that's different thing than using both of them). I'm able to kill all roaches that way, but unfortunately that doesn't score a challenge.
That seems to be the sensible way to approach this. The scroll states 'use only one token'. It does not state 'only rotate once'. I don't see a different way of solving the challenge either (but there may well be a way).

Still, your solution should award the challenge i.m.h.o. Perhaps someone around here knows what the script is actually checking for. That'd be helpful.

03-02-2020 at 07:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
JamesBond007
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 43
I already solved my problem by moving a little bit differently in the middle - less roaches came to me and I was able to get out.

[Last edited by JamesBond007 at 03-02-2020 08:58 AM]
03-02-2020 at 08:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Fermaata
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
Can anyone provide any hints to help with this? I'm extremely stuck.
10-10-2021 at 03:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2434
icon Re: The City Beneath : The Uncturage : 2 East (+1)  
Click here to view the secret text

10-10-2021 at 04:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Fermaata
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
Dragon Fogel wrote:
Click here to view the secret text

Thank you! I was missing the second bit. It is very easy to prematurely write things off as impossible.
10-10-2021 at 04:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The City Beneath : The Uncturage : 2 East (Help with the challenge)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com