Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Option to reimport custom images
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
hyperme
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1057
IP: Logged
icon Option to reimport custom images (+3)  
Currently, when you attempt to import a custom image that shares a name with something you've already imported, you get an error.

It would be nice if this error gave the option to import the image anyway. Currently, replacing an custom image currently requires you to delete it, leave the editor, and then import it again. This is not an ideal workflow.

12-29-2019 at 06:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dying Flutchman
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 406
icon Re: Option to reimport custom images (0)  
I agree.
But I've also noticed that you become very proficient in executing this workflow quickly and repeatedly :)

12-29-2019 at 07:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734

File: Undelete.png (218.6 KB)
Downloaded 83 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Option to reimport custom images (+4)  
PR

Improvements:
- Deleted media files are not immediately removed from the list if you hit "Delete", they are marked as "(pending deletion)" first
- Added a new button for undeleting a media file that is pending deletion
- Added a new button for replacing a media file with a different one. This updates the file name to a new one. If you select a file with a name that is already used, it'll refuse to do so.
- When trying to add a new file and it shares the name with a file that already exists, it'll ask you if you want to replace it instead. It will also unmark it from deletion if required
- All places where media files are used in DROD now support all the above options: selecting image by F9, selecting overlay image, adding sound to speech, ambient sound, video, image overlay
- Fixed a bug where replacing a speech command that had a sound with a different command would almost always result in a crash

TESTER NOTES:
- Check all the media management dialog options in evey place where they appear, just in case
- Thoroughly check what happens with replacing the speech command that has a sound effect attached in different scenarios: switching to another command, switching to another command that also uses sound, copying the command, cut-and-pasting, copy/cut between a character and a character's default script, or between two different default scripts, or between rooms, or between holds.

In short, stuff should be better by a lot!

11-21-2020 at 11:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Option to reimport custom images
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com