Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Streaming "The Godkiller" (Will preview a new game on Sunday.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
IP: Logged
icon Streaming "The Godkiller" (+4)  
I have given an accurate, but slightly misleading, description of my new game here: "The DROD Killer" April 1st article.

On Sunday 4/7 at 3pm PST, I will live-demo a super-early version of the game running right off the dev machine. Will take chat questions if you have them. You can use the link below to join on Sunday.

https://www.twitch.tv/events/ke5WvftBQh-WNb26ksq_xw

All April-foolerism aside, I think this will be an exciting game for DROD players. It has many elements in it that I wanted to put into DROD, but couldn't, because we needed a new game to do them right.

-Erik

[Last edited by ErikH2000 at 04-06-2019 11:14 PM]
04-04-2019 at 04:39 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
icon Re: Streaming "The Godkiller" (+1)  
Okay, I decided it would work better to stream from Twitch than Youtube. Will preview my new game, The Godkiller, at the URL below, Sunday 4/7 3pm PST.

https://www.twitch.tv/events/ke5WvftBQh-WNb26ksq_xw

Not at Youtube. At Twitch. Because Twitch is showing my stream at significantly higher video quality. Not that I'm angry at Youtube. It is miraculous that these things are even possible.

-Erik

04-06-2019 at 11:18 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
icon Re: Streaming "The Godkiller" (+2)  
Just 15 minutes ago I had an idea that I think will work pretty great for the stream today. (Or not--we'll see.)

I'll make one puzzle level in The Godkiller and let people in chat give direction on how to solve it. Will go over the game elements first so people can see how the game works.

Excited, excited, excited! I might be kind of annoying with my manic updates.

-Erik

04-07-2019 at 06:18 PM
ErikH2000
icon Re: Streaming "The Godkiller" (+2)  
The preview stream was great! We had some high quality chat conversation with some forum regulars, and yeah, I demo'd GK. We group-solved a level, found an unintended solution, and fixed it right there on the spot.

Here's the archive, if you are keen to check it out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2WQyeb8HTc&t=3426s

The streaming events are going to continue every Sunday (link below in my sig). But unlike this first demo stream, they will be focused on live coding and other dev tasks. Will describe that over on the "Development Board" where it's more appropriate.

-Erik

04-09-2019 at 02:01 AM
mrimer
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: Streaming "The Godkiller" (0)  
I wasn't able to attend live but enjoyed watching the recording. I like how the game is shaping up and how many ideas you've had in mind are now coming to fruition!

Hrm...is there something wrong with me that I can't get "godk iller" out of my mind?

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
04-09-2019 at 02:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1527
icon Re: Streaming "The Godkiller" (+1)  
It's not even a very original pun! It's basically a worse version of "gunk iller" from homestar runner.

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

04-09-2019 at 03:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Streaming "The Godkiller" (Will preview a new game on Sunday.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com