Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Advanced light options (purely cosmetic)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
averagemoe
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 487
IP: Logged
icon Advanced light options (+2)  
This is something that would apply to both the lamppost and wall light objects. When clicked on in the editor, instead of cycling through brightness levels, it would open a menu of options for the light, including brightness, but also a checkbox to decide whether it's already active at the start of the room.

There would also be three different options for making it flicker in real-time. An always on option, a mode where it's usually on but sometimes blinks off at random intervals, and a reverse of that mode where it's usually off but sometimes comes on.

03-31-2019 at 06:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
averagemoe
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 487
IP: Logged
icon Re: Advanced light options (+1)  
I recently came up with something else. Instead of having to pick from the same 16 colors as the relay stations, let the architect type in a hexadecimal value for the color.

But of course, keep the 16 color system for the relay stations, since those actually mean something in gameplay.

02-10-2020 at 08:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Advanced light options (purely cosmetic)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com