Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : 2018 Year of RPG Compilation (Pre-Release Tweaking)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2670
IP: Logged

File: 2018 Year of RPG Compilation.drh (81.5 KB)
Downloaded 54 times.
License: Public Domain
icon 2018 Year of RPG Compilation (+4)  
Hey all, here's a thread where we get to polish up and make changes to the contest entries before they are published.

Here's what I've already changed:
* Fixed typo on Unbottled Cellar's scroll
* Marked 1st, 2nd and 3rd place entries on their scrolls
* At Nuntar's request, fixed incorrectly pointing force arrow under potion in Eleventh Level 1W of Castle Repton Annex, and also added North-facing force arrow to same passageway in 1N1W. These changes prevent the potion from being free.

Things I think would be nice to change, but won't do so without the author's permission:
* Clarify scorepoints in Doppelganger so people understand better what they are scoring.
* Pre-reveal all rooms in In Your Atmosphere. Maybe a map scroll with associated script can be put in the entrance.
* Change equipment in Amplified Arena to be visible but with a Disappear command, so that they show up when viewing the room before entering it for the first time.

EDIT: Changes to Hostile Hotel Nuntar has attached in below post now added to compilation.

EDIT2: Now with hyperme's changes to Amplified Arena

EDIT3: Now with improved scrolls in Doppelganger.

Edit4: Now with fix and full-reveal map to In Your Atmosphere.

[Last edited by kieranmillar at 11-09-2018 10:18 PM]
10-31-2018 at 08:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4590

File: Hostile Hotel.drh (10.3 KB)
Downloaded 44 times.
icon Re: 2018 Year of RPG Compilation (+1)  
Repost of Hostile Hotel with changes for the compilation:

* Second Level 2W has mud babies instead of roaches, making the 1320 altar boost reachable
* Third Level 2W re-added (this was removed to meet the 15-room limit)
* The Lobby has an additional scorepoint for defeating the Rock Giant with zero damage (i.e. DEF including shield should be at least 500). I've amended the scroll to inform the player of this. (This scorepoint is obviously much easier to achieve with Third Level 2W re-added, but I have also tested it on the contest version.)

10-31-2018 at 08:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
hyperme
Rank Points: 1057
I'm okay with the change to make the equipment appear on the minimap. It's a good one.

On the topic of the equipment, please set things up so that the Wooden Sword is tragically destroyed after getting the Red Sword. Otherwise it might be possible to make the attack multiplier really high by swapping weapons a lot. This does get reset when you leave the room, but the sword room does have an attack gem in it.

11-01-2018 at 07:51 PM
Xindaris
Rank Points: 1530
icon Re: 2018 Year of RPG Compilation (+2)  
For the record (and since I think at least one person said "please do this"), here is a list of all scorepoints in "Too Many Scorepoints", and how to get them:

Click here to view the secret text

Had I thought of it, I might have added a "wait around forever" scorepoint which awards on turn 5000 or so, but I think that particular trolling ship has sailed already. I don't really want to add more after the fact.

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Xindaris at 11-05-2018 08:27 PM]
11-05-2018 at 08:25 PM
Lucky Luc
Rank Points: 1215

File: In Your Atmosphere.drh (7.7 KB)
Downloaded 40 times.
icon Re: 2018 Year of RPG Compilation (0)  
Hm. So as I've already mentioned in a PM to Kieran, I'm happy with the map revealing. I'd also like to change the turn 0 behaviour, but I'm not sure I get it. I've attached the hold file I've submitted to the contest. Can anyone else check that this actually works (i.e. doesn't do damage on turn 0)? I can't see a difference to the compilation version, though, in which it doesn't work. Is this some super weird engine bug?
11-07-2018 at 07:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
There is a difference, in that hold the Ether Damage character has Imperative: Restart Script on Room Entrance while in the compilation it does not.

Do you want me to fix that on my end and also add a full-reveal map? Might be easier than having you do it if these are the only things that need to change.
11-07-2018 at 11:19 PM
Lucky Luc
Rank Points: 1215
Oh cool, missed that. Yeah, might be easier if you do it. Otherwise I think I'm happy with it.
11-08-2018 at 06:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mauvebutterfly
Rank Points: 720
Looking forward to optimising that ether entry on release!

11-08-2018 at 07:37 AM
kieranmillar
icon Re: 2018 Year of RPG Compilation (+2)  
Every participant has now seen this and the hold has been updated accordingly, so this has now been submitted to the HAs.

[Last edited by kieranmillar at 11-09-2018 10:29 PM]
11-09-2018 at 10:29 PM
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4590

File: Hostile Hotel walkthrough.txt (2.8 KB)
Downloaded 51 times.
icon Re: 2018 Year of RPG Compilation (+3)  
For the HAs: Walkthrough of Hostile Hotel reaching 504 DEF.

11-15-2018 at 01:04 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : 2018 Year of RPG Compilation (Pre-Release Tweaking)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com