Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Who Needs All These Buttons bug
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
averagemoe
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 487
IP: Logged
icon Who Needs All These Buttons bug (0)  
That is, the challenge in KDD: Twentieth Level: 2N. It doesn't register as complete if the player strikes the southwestern orb on the turn after the room is cleared.

Like, seriously, what's in the scripting for this challenge that would care about that?

04-21-2018 at 01:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
icon Re: Who Needs All These Buttons bug (0)  
It's just a wild guess but, perhaps, the room completed is used with "if" statement which means it registers one turn after you complete the room and the check for orb hit is placed before that check.

04-21-2018 at 06:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
averagemoe
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 487
Hmm... so it is supposed to be okay if a mimic hits the northernmost orb? Not sure the room can be done that way. Otherwise, that script is too complicated. I'd have just had it monitor one of the doors associated with that orb.

04-21-2018 at 06:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Nuntar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 4576
The actual issue here: When the room is clear, the script checks that the player is in the area with the mimic potions, to prevent awarding if the player goes over the trapdoor to the brain (when you can kill all monsters, but not escape).

However, because double placement happens last in a turn, it's possible to kill the brain on the double-placing move, in which case the script won't notice that the room is clear until the next turn -- by which time the player may have moved onto the green door.

This could be fixed by including the green door tile in the rectangle the script checks for, but I don't know whether Caravel intend to maintain any further updates to the official holds.

04-21-2018 at 06:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Who Needs All These Buttons bug
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com