Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Special game offers (Games given away for free, that sort of a thing)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
DezzTech
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 327
IP: Logged
icon Re: Special game offers (+2)  
Pekka wrote:
Downloading requires creating an account with your e-mail address, but there are no strings attached or limited time trials with this version.

This is, of course, only if you choose to ignore the strings that are attached, say, for example, by that pesky asterisk near the word "free" on the main page, which, if you scroll to the very bottom reveals that the program is free for non-commercial usage only. Not including any other strings that might be attached by their EULA, which, of course, is nowhere to be found on their site, and will only be given to you after they've got your personal information, which is, of course, in no way can be interpreted as a scummy move. (and if it is available on their site then, well, they did a good job hiding it)

That said, I'm also extremely curious as to just how can they possible figure out if someone is using their program for modeling, especially if they allow exporting to non native formats.

Also worth noting if you're just looking to try out 3d sculpting for the first time, that ZBrush's UI was designed by satan himself, and you'll likely spend several hours just blundering around without getting any actual work done. Like, it's so bad, that even the old versions of Blender looked good by comparison.

No, seriously, if you just want to try out sculpting and see if it's for you, save yourself the frustration and just get Blender. And then if you determine that sculpting is what you want to do, look at an option of getting ZBrush. Or don't, your choice. I only heard that it's better from other artists, I don't have an opinion on it myself (except for the UI, which is awful).

06-13-2020 at 03:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Pekka
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 302
IP: Logged
icon Re: Special game offers (0)  
I rewrote my previous message with more details on the registering process. I also give my permission for people to use their own judgement in deciding what software packages to evaluate and in what order. :smile
06-14-2020 at 01:08 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Special game offers (Games given away for free, that sort of a thing)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com