Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Hold : Level : 1 North, 2 East
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Insoluble
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1638
IP: Logged
icon Hold : Level : 1 North, 2 East (0)  
I've been poking around at this one for quite a while now and have gotten a bit of tunnel vision. I'd greatly appreciate a subtle hint to help me change my approach.

I can kill all the snakes, but not without getting stuck beyond the arrows. I've tried the approach of trying to figure out why each part of the room is there. For the life of me I can't figure out a single use for the potion under the adder's head. The way the arrows are set up the only place you could possibly put it if you got to it would be on one of the arrow rotator tokens. But I can always access the token at (6,16) so it couldn't be just for that could it? It also allows me to get over as far east as (17,6) but I'm just not seeing the utility of that in any of the setups I've tried.

I have no doubt that there's some obscure mechanic or edge case that I'm missing and I'd like to try to suss that out out on my own, but a gentle hint to redirect my thought process would be very welcome.

01-03-2017 at 01:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2434
IP: Logged
icon Re: Hold : Level : 1 North, 2 East (+1)  
I'll start with a simple observation that may narrow things down:

Click here to view the secret text

One consequence of the above is

Click here to view the secret text

That should make it clearer what end-state you're looking for.
01-03-2017 at 02:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Hold : Level : 1 North, 2 East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com