Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : juggernaut
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
nem-z
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 16
IP: Logged
icon juggernaut (+1)  
creature starts off like an eye that can see through any type of wall (not doors) or creature. When activated, it charges directly ahead on subsequent turns, killing any monsters (except snakes), destroying any normal or crumbly walls, and triggering any trapdoors along a straight path.

When the creature reaches a statute, room edge, or locked door it stops. From this point it will stand in place and turn clockwise until destroyed or reactivated by line-of-sight.

If it runs into a pit, however, it is killed.

The core idea is just to have a creature that can break down walls that the player can't get rid of alone.
11-14-2004 at 02:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Krishh
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 282
icon Re: juggernaut (0)  
Can it be killed with the sword or just using pits?

They would unfortunately require almost entire room built around their movement, since they would pretty much destroy a room not specifically made for them, however otherwise I quite like this idea, as it could create a lot of interesting uzzles.
11-18-2004 at 12:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2388
And therein lies the problem.

The entire room has to be built around their movement, so you can't really have any other sort of puzzle with a juggenaut in the room. And there's really only a few sorts of puzzles you could use the thing for that an evil eye would not suffice - where there needs to be a wall between you and it, and activating it would allow you to progress. We can already do these.

I personally don't think there's any need for it.

Matt

11-18-2004 at 02:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
nem-z
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 16
Can it be killed with the sword or just using pits?

I was thinking just pits, but perhaps a sword could do the job as long as it strikes in the direction opposite where it's looking.

The entire room has to be built around their movement, so you can't really have any other sort of puzzle with a juggenaut in the room.

bull. if you want something that doesn't involve him, all you have to do is create a space for your other puzzles that are outside the juggy's view.

perhaps the problem is i didn't explain the movement pattern i hd in mind clearly enough...

1: it is exactly like a eye at first, except that it can see through walls

2: when activated, it charges directly towards the player's location moving only in a stright line, stopping only when it hits something it can't go through, or a pit. it does -not- track player movement after being activated.

3: if it stops after moving the first time, it then begins circling in a clockwise motion, looking to reaquire a target. if it does, repeat step 2.

I personally don't think there's any need for it.

so, puzzle ideas from this?

get it into the pit without accidentaly destroying the walls hodling back a crapload of goblins. time it's movement to kill multiple serpents with one charge before falling off the pit that surrounds most of the room. use it to get rid of trapdoors that would leave the player stranded if he tried to do so. a remake of 'frogger'. negotiate through a flat plain that essentially becomes a maze as dodging one activates the next, and so on.

that's just off the top of my head.
11-19-2004 at 08:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : juggernaut
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes