Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : A pair of scripted monsters in need of custom sprites
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
averagemoe
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 487
IP: Logged

File: Ants and centipedes.hold (1.8 KB)
Downloaded 38 times.
License: Public Domain
icon A pair of scripted monsters in need of custom sprites (+2)  
I'm sure most of you are Chip's Challenge fans, and word got out that I'm Chuck Sommerville's son. Anyway, I have a gift for you but it's only almost complete. I've scripted the DROD equivilents of the ant and the centipede, (or the bug and the paramecium). I just don't have the artistic skill to create custom sprites for them, so they'll be represented by a Mud Coordinator and a Tar technician (respectively).

So if someone wants to provide a tileset for them, that would be nice.

08-23-2016 at 03:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
GerAvos
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 51

File: Aac Weird movement xD.demo (1.5 KB)
Downloaded 30 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: A pair of scripted monsters in need of custom sprites (+1)  
These seem really cool! They worked fine, except for one instance where the upper right monster walks in a strange pattern. It seemed a bit weird so I made a demo. Is that intended? If yes then that could make some really hard puzzles.
08-23-2016 at 04:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
averagemoe
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 487
icon Re: A pair of scripted monsters in need of custom sprites (0)  
GerAvos wrote:
These seem really cool! They worked fine, except for one instance where the upper right monster walks in a strange pattern. It seemed a bit weird so I made a demo. Is that intended? If yes then that could make some really hard puzzles.

That's a consequence of the fact that the first thing they check for is a diagonal movement behind them, or orthogonal if they're already facing diagonally.

Turns out they also don't respond well to room edges, but I'm willing to call them both a feature.

08-23-2016 at 06:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : A pair of scripted monsters in need of custom sprites
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com