Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Pushing Slayers is Strange (Something somewhere along the line is broken I assume)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
blorx1
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 838
IP: Logged

File: Pushing Slayers.hold (1.5 KB)
Downloaded 5 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Pushing Slayers is Strange (+1)  
The hold has a demo from title screen. Something in said demo is most assuredly broken, because I get chased by a wisp not attached to a slayer.

07-28-2016 at 02:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
uncopy2002
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 387
IP: Logged
icon Re: Pushing Slayers is Strange (+5)  
How to reproduce this bug:

1. Lay out a wisp path.
2. Push the slayer to the middle of the wisp path. Make sure he's either on the wisp path or touching it, so he will not recalculate wisp path.
3. Use weapon movements to trigger his defensive maneuvers. Getting him moving in this way will cause a branch in wisp path.
4. Self-intersect the wisp to cut off the path. Specifically, you need to cut the path before the branch point.

If every step is done properly, there will be two segments of wisp left: the dead branch that is connected to the slayer, and the disconnected root that will persue the player.

Then, when the wisp is triggered, the slayer follows the dead branch to its end. Then the wisp is totally reset, everything becomes normal again.

So, in short, there are two bugs in here:

- The slayer performs a check if he's connected to the wisp, but not if he's connected to the root of the wisp
- The slayer also does not check if the wisp is totally connected

[Last edited by uncopy2002 at 07-02-2017 03:46 PM]
07-02-2017 at 03:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Pushing Slayers is Strange (Something somewhere along the line is broken I assume)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com