Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : DROD on paper
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Mikko
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 276
IP: Logged

File: Style9Tiles.bmp (294.1 KB)
Downloaded 254 times.
License: Other
icon DROD on paper (+7)  
I was trying to come up with a good idea for this month's contest, when I thought of this and decided to make a playable version. It's not the most elegant of designs, but does have some novelty value. The file replaces the Sanctum graphics.

[Edited by Mikko at Local Time:11-05-2004 at 10:08 PM]
11-04-2004 at 11:06 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: DROD on paper (0)  
Nice!

11-04-2004 at 11:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 352
icon Re: DROD on paper (+1)  
This would be good as a whole mod, with all of the monsters, etc changed. That would be sooooo cool!
11-04-2004 at 12:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
This is pretty cool. I like it.

[Edited by DiMono at Local Time:11-05-2004 at 09:44 PM]

11-05-2004 at 09:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mikko
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 276
I noticed that I had accidentally left all the diagonal arrows pointing NE. This has now been fixed.

As for expanding the theme to cover other game objects, I think it would get too messy. If someone wants to try it, though, perhaps using these tiles, then go ahead. I'd look forward to seeing the results.
11-05-2004 at 10:13 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
After the November contest, I will have a go at modding this...Ill wait until everyone else has finished their modding so I can start mine! I think this would look really cool if the monster were all see-through, and showed through the paper, so they looked like drawings.
11-05-2004 at 11:38 PM
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
...and have the GameScreen file as a wooden desk! I'll probably do it for my own install, just cuz I think it'd look cool.

11-07-2004 at 12:22 AM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
wackhead_uk wrote:
After the November contest, I will have a go at modding this...Ill wait until everyone else has finished their modding so I can start mine! I think this would look really cool if the monster were all see-through, and showed through the paper, so they looked like drawings.
Yes, this sounds great! It reminds me of the "child-like" graphics of some of the Mario titles which look snazzy (e.g. the crayon style of Yoshi's Island and the collage style of Yoshi's Story). I think this could look really striking if done well.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
11-07-2004 at 01:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
And the different styles would be different types of paper - graph paper, lined paper, but not plain paper, as it would be incredibly hard to see where the squares were...
11-07-2004 at 05:21 PM
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
wackhead_uk wrote:
And the different styles would be different types of paper - graph paper, lined paper, but not plain paper, as it would be incredibly hard to see where the squares were...
Nah...I think it would end up being similar to DROgue in the fact that one style would be used for all of them.

11-07-2004 at 05:24 PM
wackhead_uk
Well, a few different levels could be done...Isometric, lined, large graph, small graph, and maybe a crossword level where the black parts are walls.
11-07-2004 at 05:32 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : DROD on paper
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com