Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Trompe Le Monde (Our contest for November.)
Page 2 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
AlefBet
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 979
IP: Logged
icon Re: Trompe Le Monde (0)  
wackhead_uk wrote:
AlefBet, you aren't by any chance spamming the board, are you?
No, I just noticed that that message was written by a "Seb" and I was wondering if it was our own Sebhaque. Probably not, though, since our Seb is from the UK and that seb appears to be from Minnesota.

++Adam H. Peterson
11-04-2004 at 06:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 352
[removed offending comment - see below]

[Edited by wackhead_uk at Local Time:11-04-2004 at 07:48 PM]
11-04-2004 at 07:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: Trompe Le Monde (+1)  
wackhead_uk wrote:
It was written by you, and the URL has sbe in it, not seb. Spamming administrator! The new monster in JtRH!
What in the world are you talking about?

...And I refuse to confirm or deny anything!

[Edited by mrimer at Local Time:11-04-2004 at 07:31 PM]

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
11-04-2004 at 07:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
Wackhead - if you look at the movie, you'll see that the email the cheat reads is signed "seb". And while I think Adam would have been far wiser to have started a new thread about this instead of posting his query here, that's hardly spamming.

And what does "sbe" in the URL have to do with anything?

11-04-2004 at 07:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
HSE
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 162
AlefBet - No, I'm not - I'm from the UK. I have E-mailed Strong Bad but I'm waiting for a response... my question was "Could you get Strong Mad to answer an email?"
:P
-Seb
11-04-2004 at 07:59 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Stuwy
Rank Points: 212
wackhead_uk wrote:
Can you post the fake one again? It has disapeared from the thread.

PM me wackhead and I'll send it to you. I saved it for future references, also to let other people see it if it was taken down.
11-04-2004 at 10:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Aah, that's right. I took it down deliberately so people wouldn't continue to be fooled.

I'll post it up again in a different place.

Matt

11-05-2004 at 07:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Fafnir
Rank Points: 315
icon Re: Trompe Le Monde (+2)  
Moving back on topic, should the screenshot be of the whole screen (i.e. portrait of Beethro and all) or just of the room itself?

And by the way, first post! I've been lurking here for a while, but this contest lured me out. Impressive smiley collection, by the way!

11-05-2004 at 05:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
Fafnir wrote:
Moving back on topic, should the screenshot be of the whole screen (i.e. portrait of Beethro and all) or just of the room itself?
Whichever you prefer, Fafnir!

-Erik

11-05-2004 at 05:42 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
I've got a smiley for you, Fafnir.

:hi to the forums!

11-05-2004 at 06:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
:(

If only you did this contest next month...

As you kinda know, I am part of a set construction team for our school musical. With only 2 weeks left until the play, I will be spending more time there than at hope, so I am officially dropping out. Good luck to the rest of you, though.

11-06-2004 at 09:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
It's a shame gamer couldn't take part. He's the most experienced artist around for sure.

Finished my screenshot. Sending it to Erik right now.
11-07-2004 at 07:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Fafnir
I've got mine in too. One suggestion for the poll - disable replies. If there's a flaw deeply buried in a fake, people should have to find it for themselves. And yes, I do have an ulterior motive in asking - why do you ask? :shifty

11-07-2004 at 01:10 PM
gamer_extreme_101
I may decide to make one after the contest just for the pure fun of it. I'll see how much time I have after the 20th.

11-07-2004 at 03:04 PM
Stuwy
gamer_extreme_101 wrote:
:(

If only you did this contest next month...

As you kinda know, I am part of a set construction team for our school musical. With only 2 weeks left until the play, I will be spending more time there than at hope, so I am officially dropping out. Good luck to the rest of you, though.

Argh, school musicals. I hate them. I was at my school taday from 1-7pm as a member of the pit band just playing along. Aggravating work it is.

On topic, I'm almost done my picture, probably be ready this week.
11-08-2004 at 03:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
Just to avoid any speculation occurring, I'm announcing now that I'm not going to be taking part in this contest. This is not because I'm affiliated with DROD JtRH Beta in any way, since I'm not, but because I don't have the artistic skill to enter such a contest.

So, good luck to everyone else, and hopefully the real beta will be released soon.

[Edited by agaricus5 at Local Time:11-08-2004 at 11:55 PM]

11-08-2004 at 11:55 PM
Slug
Rank Points: 122
icon Re: Trompe Le Monde (+2)  
Taking part in contest is good way to join forums I think/hope. :unsure
11-09-2004 at 04:01 PM
ErikH2000
Slug wrote:
Taking part in contest is good way to join forums I think/hope. :unsure
Yeah, you bet! We don't run these things to be l33t. We want people to enter the contests--it's a way to make drod.net more than just a place to get hints about a room you're stuck on. New people are especially welcome to enter.

-Erik

11-09-2004 at 05:31 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
HSE
Rank Points: 162
ErikH2000 wrote:
New people are especially welcome to enter.
Hence the 10 Rank Point rookie bonus.
11-09-2004 at 07:09 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Stuwy wrote:
Argh, school musicals. I hate them. I was at my school taday from 1-7pm as a member of the pit band just playing along. Aggravating work it is.
Just imagine how hard it would be to be a tech guy. With a bit over a week until first performance, I don't even have my light cues. Instead, I have to stay late tonight and write them down while actually doing them. Joyz....

11-10-2004 at 02:07 PM
Fafnir
gamer_extreme_101 wrote:
Stuwy wrote:
Just imagine how hard it would be to be a tech guy. With a bit over a week until first performance, I don't even have my light cues. Instead, I have to stay late tonight and write them down while actually doing them. Joyz....

My sympathies - I'm a techie (one of eight - until recently five) at my school as well, and while we sometimes have to stay pretty late after school and normally get the script a couple of weeks before the production it's never that bad!

Out of interest, what sort of set-up do you have lighting-wise? I know, I know, :offtopic but I'm curious.

11-10-2004 at 05:29 PM
wackhead_uk
I will have to stop making my second screenshot for this...I don't have enough time to make an another one in between commitments, but look out for my first one in the competition. Woohoo! JtRH!
11-11-2004 at 12:14 PM
gamer_extreme_101
Fafnir wrote:
My sympathies - I'm a techie (one of eight - until recently five) at my school as well, and while we sometimes have to stay pretty late after school and normally get the script a couple of weeks before the production it's never that bad!
It usually isn't that bad, but this play has just seemed to be a comedy of errors. For example, our director decided to have two stage managers rather than one SM and one ASM, and for some reason they both hate each other. Heaven knows why...
Out of interest, what sort of set-up do you have lighting-wise? I know, I know, :offtopic but I'm curious.
At our school, we just have a basic 24x2 lighting board with 7 different areas + backwashes. However, at the place we are performing it at, the Cultural Centre, there are 192 different lights on a completly programmable board. The lights are run using Power over Ethernet, and the board is simplified to starting a new cue by the press of a button. Makes me all happy inside!

[Edited by gamer_extreme_101 at Local Time:11-14-2004 at 01:00 AM]

11-11-2004 at 04:03 PM
ErikH2000
Just a friendly warning: the polls are going up in two days for the Trompe Le Monde contest! I don't have very many entries right now, and we could really use some more. It's not too late to throw something together to win the contest or just provide us with a little entertainment.

-Erik

11-13-2004 at 05:54 PM
wackhead_uk
Just to say to everyone - I have found enoug time and I am entering two! Yay! Look out for the one with the big...with the fluorescent...with the square...erm, no. no clues here.
11-13-2004 at 05:57 PM
Slug
Rank Points: 122
I'm going to send my screenshot when it's ready, but there is always something that needs to be improved.

It's like an endless loop. :?
11-13-2004 at 10:00 PM
wackhead_uk
That is true, so very true.

It's like, you submit it, then you realise something's wrong, then you submit it again, then you think it would be better off without it, etc.
11-13-2004 at 10:07 PM
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460
I have done two. One of them is to make sure that my other one isn't the worst. It is a plan that can not fail :thumbsup
11-14-2004 at 12:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
Well, only one day to go, and I can't wait. Can you? CAN YOU?

By the way, In a very Mike Rimer-ish spoiler,I can confirm that I've
11-14-2004 at 08:21 PM
Stuwy
I hate to say say the day before, but, as for me, I will forfeit this contest.

During this busy month, the school musical is sucking up major time away. And also about a week ago we have brought home a kitten. In which I have not been spending alot of time on this contest.
11-15-2004 at 03:03 AM
Page 2 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Trompe Le Monde (Our contest for November.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com