Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Turn into Monster does not preserve weaponless state
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
uncopy2002
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 431
IP: Logged

File: Weaponless Turn into monster bug.hold (2.4 KB)
Downloaded 39 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Turn into Monster does not preserve weaponless state (+2)  
Demo hold attached.
Each character are wielding different weapons on each column (_MyWeapon = -2, 0-6). Two rows down are the same characters that are turned into monster by the "Turn into Monster" command.

The bug is that, Turn into Monster command does not preserve weaponless state, even for mimics/decoys. After turning into monster, all disarmed characters regains their sword.
04-13-2016 at 02:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Nuntar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 4592
icon Re: Turn into Monster does not preserve weaponless state (+1)  
A related bug:

By default, Beethro and Gunthro NPCs always match the armed/disarmed status of the player. If the player is armed, the NPC can be disarmed by setting _MyWeapon = -2.

The reverse, setting _MyWeapon = -1 when the player is disarmed, does not work.

04-13-2016 at 03:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
It is now possible to spawn disarmed doubled and armed monsters PR

By default, Beethro and Gunthro NPCs always match the armed/disarmed status of the player. If the player is armed, the NPC can be disarmed by setting _MyWeapon = -2.

The reverse, setting _MyWeapon = -1 when the player is disarmed, does not work.

It's very much intentional behavior. I know this might be annoying if you want to have a different player role and a disarmed Beethro/Guntrho NPC, but this can be worked around by using custom character. Changing this would either break visually some published rooms (if done the easy way) or require adding another flag for tracking whether the character should ever default to player's weapon status which is a solution I am not too fond of. I think it's enough of an edge case that it's fine to expect architects to use a custom character :).

10-20-2020 at 08:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2670
Can confirm that in 5.1.1.alpha.2020-10-29 you can now turn weaponless weapon-wieding characters into weaponless monsters.
10-31-2020 at 08:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Turn into Monster does not preserve weaponless state
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com