Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Temporal split points and custom player roles. (Slayable wubbas and wading roaches.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Bent
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 92
IP: Logged
icon Temporal split points and custom player roles. (+2)  
When playing around with temporal split point tokens and custom player roles I've found some inconsistencies, most of which has already been mentioned in this tread (Temporal Seep Can Walk on Floor But Not Walls): http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=39253. However, I've found two similar bugs that I can't find a mention of anywhere:

*Temporal stalwarts, roaches, etc., can cross shallow water.
*Temporal wubbas can be killed by monsters.

I am using TSS 5.0.1.60.60 on a windows 7 machine.
12-30-2015 at 07:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2670
icon Re: Temporal split points and custom player roles. (0)  
I just tested these two in 5.1.0.1007 to see if they were fixed as a part of the other changes to temporal clones when acting as a monster as part of the current beta:

* I can confirm that temporal wubbas do not die to body kills or sword stabs during recording but will die to both during playback.

* Temporal clone player monsters only seem to be able to cross shallow water if you activate a power token, as that is actually a feature of the power token. The clone will still die if you push it into shallow water without having activated a power token (as expected). So this seems to be working as intended, with one exception (see below).

This works fine for player roles that walk on top of the water in this case (e.g. roaches and wubbas), but does NOT work correctly for player roles that do not, mainly the stalwart. He will not enter shallow water without a power token, at which point he is able to hide in water, however the temporal clone will not be able to playback this, treating moving into the water as a blocked move and so stands still. If you push him into the shallow water after having activated a power token, he will drown.
01-03-2016 at 10:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
icon Re: Temporal split points and custom player roles. (+2)  
Results of testing:
* Temporal roaches cannot move on shallow water
* Ditto temporal stalwarts
* Temporal wubbas do not die to stabs
* Temporal wubbas die to slayer body attack
* Power token does not give abilities to active temporal projections

The two bolded ones are clear bugs and were fixed for the next 5.1.1 alpha build - PR

10-02-2020 at 07:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2670
icon Re: Temporal split points and custom player roles. (+1)  
Can confirm in 5.1.1.alpha.2020-10-16 that temporal wubbas don't die to slayer body kills.

Also after hitting a power token, temporal Stalwarts can hide in shallow water and body hit orbs. These were the only power token interactions I tested, I couldn't think of any others.
10-17-2020 at 07:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Temporal split points and custom player roles. (Slayable wubbas and wading roaches.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com